Carl Frampton and Jamie Moore

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Lil Niall, Sep 5, 2017.

1. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I guess training in Marbella might be out.

2. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    nonsense....jamie was a big hit in Marbs....i'm sure he will be keen give it a shot...

BigDoofus likes this.
  3. stittyb

stittyb Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    That's not necessarily the case every time. Sometimes fighters and coaches go stale. If you train every day with the same person for 7 or 8 years there's not a lot more they can teach you.

In Frampton's case, before the whole McGuigan fall out but after the Santa Cruz fight I thought he needed a change of trainer. They just looked out of ideas.

They had a good run together but I think they reached the limit of where they could take each other.

lencoreastside likes this.
  4. hap

hap Member Full Member

Mar 28, 2015
    So it's going to be Matchroom. Probably a warm up and then either Selby or the Quigg rematch.

Can't help but feel he's made a very bad mistake leaving Cyclone.

5. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Seriously in most cases it doesn't work with new coaches, you get a strong bond and it works for years first loss you guessed it the coach gets the blame, boxing is a very repedatative sport working on basics a lot of the time and boxers get fed up, remember those basics got them world titles, some love the praise and can't take criticism as well, man up lads

6. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
  7. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Poor move. Frampton needed a top level trainer at this stage of career. Probably a case of a fighter wanting to dictate what he wants to do in camp which you cannot do with a top level trainer.

8. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I wonder where this leaves Coyle as apparantly Moore is going over to ireland for his camps with Carl.

9. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    i thought he was going to come to belfast to train frampton too but read an interview in saturdays irish news and frampton will apparently be going to manchester to train during the week.

10. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    BBC article stating still Cyclone are still the official and legal promoters of Carl Frampton.Odd that,considering he said he was a free agent,will this go to court,I wouldn't bet against it,the mcguigans will look to get everything they can from him.

11. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Carl is saying he will have a new team 'very soon' - he doesnt give the impression he is facing a big long legal battle.

12. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    No did Ricky Burns when he went to Matchroom and ended up getting declared bankrupt in court.

13. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I think In the ideal world he would have probably wanted to stay with Shane. But obviously by leaving Cyclone and Barry it impacted on his relationship with Shane. Agree about fighters leaving trainers, think of long running British world champions Eubank Harrison Nelson Calzaghe Froch all had same trainer throughout their careers, look at Hatton when he left Billy Graham, wasn't the same fighter.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Beez likes this.
  14. Blah

Blah Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Frampton confirmed on Twitter last night MTK Global are his new promoters. Hmmmmmmm....

Edit - not actually his promoter, seems more manager

This content is protected

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  15. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Not sure what exactly Carl is up to here - he's gone with 2 NEW ...and relatively small time outfits in terms of both his trainer Jamie Moore & now his 'manager' Matthew Macklin.

Nothing wrong great guys both - but surely Hearn could do a lot more for him???