Carl Frampton vs Luke Jackson

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Anyone think Frampton more likely to go the WBO route than IBF, dont think he fancies that 10lb next day weigh in limit!!

2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    wbo is the plan and Oscar valdes is very beatable. I reckon Frampton wouldn't mind giving quigg another crack after that

3. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    F w a n k
    Fodder
    Bt will drop it if this carries on
    Them he will be scryking like but Hearn blah blah blah
    We have been here many times before

4. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Barros has moved up to SFW and is fighting Berschelt. I agree, I'd have rather had Galahad or Quigg instead. So that's 2. Who are the "many" more?

Don't get me wrong, I think Frampton vs Jackson is very disappointing too. But with the options available, it was always going to be a disappointment.

Holler and moog like this.
  5. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Cannot believe this is a stadium fight but it will sell as the Belfast Public would pay to smell a Frampton fart.

Fish really has dug deep into the bowels of the boxing world for this opponent.

6. TheyDontHavDaP4PNo1NoMore

TheyDontHavDaP4PNo1NoMore Member banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Old Frank has delivered for Paddy but not Carl :deal:

7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Just seen a clip from the press conference where Frampton said he didn’t choose to fight Quigg because Quigg “doesn’t deserve a rematch” and because Jackson is a “tougher fight”.

Pure bull**** from Frampton, not even the most staunch Belfast fans can defend those comments. Quigg nearly beat Frampton and ended the fight on top.

Pretty much every single non Australian boxing fan would rather see Quigg II than Luke Jackson.

@Puroresu_Fan is a Hearn and AJ fanboy, most of his comments here are ridiculous for that reason.

8. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    From what I gather, a fight at Windsor Park this summer was one of Frampton's terms/demands when signing for Warren.

I'm just trying to look at things objectively, I'm not going out of my way to defend Frank Warren. On the contrary, I've actually been blocked from him on Twitter for the criticism I've given him for the poor standard and lack of shows this year.

9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Advertising Frampton - Jackson, Barnes - Rosales, Tyson Fury - lineal heavyweight champion of the world.

It’s so small time and petty, they really need to drop it.

Holler and lewis gassed like this.
  10. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    Frampton:

"I imagine some people will have been expecting a different opponent, but the fact I am not fighting a world champion is the fault of nobody. Josh Warrington beating Lee Selby sort of threw a spanner in the works for us because I think Selby would've come to Belfast.

"Oscar Valdez is out injured, Gary Russell has just fought and Leo Santa Cruz and Abner Mares also just fought. That's it really; the top guys just aren't available. It is good for me to get a defence in here.

"This is a dream for me and it is something I have talked about for a long time. You never know what happens in this game, it could be the one and only time I get to fight at Windsor Park.

"It is going to be a special occasion for myself and my family. For the people who are going to come and watch it there is going to be a top quality undercard as well and I think it will be a night to remember for Belfast.

"There was talk of waiting, but I wanted to do it because opportunities like this don't come around too often. It is a dream of mine, I wanted to do it and that is the be all and end all.

11. Txomo

Txomo Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2012
    The fight is for an "interim WBO belt" so it looks like if Frampton wins (he should) he's on the line for a fight against Valdez probably at the end of the year or the start of 2019. The rematch against Quigg or the SantaCruz third would make more sense if Frampton has a belt.

12. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    What’s the obsession with a stadium fight? Extra ticket sales? Just the fact that you can say you headlined at a stadium?

13. phil rowe

phil rowe Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2018
    lol fair enough, frampton is also to blame if the fans want to blame someone, because yes he always he said he wanted a fight at Windsor park this summer and it seems hes happy to fight there regardless of the opponent, but he should have said to frank wait until we get a world title or a santa cruz trilogy then we can fight at windsor park

14. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Should have fought quigg or Galahad.

Accurate, Scissors and CutThroatFade like this.
  15. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Froch to his grandkids “i fought in front of 80,000 at Wembley against my arch nemesis at Wembley and knocked him clean out”

Warrington to his grandkids “Elland road, our home. I fought in front of a sell out 25k and won a world title!”

Frampton to his grandkids “ I fought in front of a half empty Windsor Park against some no mark, defending an interim belt”.