Carl Frampton vs Luke Jackson

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Jun 17, 2018.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Paddys opponent will cost a fraction of one of the top Featherweights. I predicted Frampton would get a poor opponent as Frank will have to pay Tyson Fury his 7 figure sum to be on the bill

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    You admit there was at least two better options, that's two too many. If you look through rankimgs at least another 10 better fighters who are in division and not tied up around then.

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Rofl wish I was on Twitter so I could tweet this to Carl.

Scissors and lewis gassed like this.
  4. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Who then? Give an example if there are at least 10 better options. I really struggled to find a realistic, available and credible opponent for Frampton in the time frame. I even started a thread for suggestions and there weren't many. Galahad, Quigg ok. I also suggested Mark Magsayo but hardly anybody's heard of him either. So if they're going down the route of an unknown opponent, I get why they went for an easier unknown opponent. It's rubbish but I get it.

5. Blah

Blah Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2016
    @CutThroatFade is spot on. Most people here (Belfast) are less than impressed. I’m not so sure it will sell out.

Scissors likes this.
  6. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Nathaniel May - The best featherweight in Australia
    Joseph Diaz
    Tugstsogt Nyambayar
    Mark Magsayo
    Toka Clary
    Jhack Tepora
    Genesis Servania
    Manuel Avila

Are all the better. Tbe Galahad one would have been easy to make imo.

Scissors and lencoreastside like this.
  7. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    Diaz and Nyambayar have just fought so you can rule them out. Servania yes, Magsayo yes. The rest would've got the same reaction as the Luke Jackson fight has had. As I've said earlier, out of all the options available there were none that would've been ideal.

8. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Diaz fought on the same night as selby and lee was willing to go to belfast after the warrington fight, until his plans got scuppered.
    I cant see frank putting carl in with a real live dog tho so i couldnt see frank asking jojo over. I think frank will want to minimise risks until carl either gets the wbo given because of valdezs injury or fights valdez for it.
    Like i say anything that gives carl a real hard fight or potentialy turns him overwill be avoided. Wbo strap is whats going on for frank and carl

9. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Eddie likely would've paid step aside money or something to guarantee some opponent would be available. Likely he would have organised and planned ahead....he has longer arms and deeper pockets than warren....better promoter...

moog and Scissors like this.
  10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    BT must be wondering about the pony being delivered from the Fish Tank.

This nonsense may put them off boxing

lewis gassed and moog like this.
  11. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    Just watched the IFL interview with Warren today. He said they approached Quigg about the fight but he was asking for silly money. Although that could also mean they just couldn't afford him.

12. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    I bet he couldn't, he overpayed to get Frampton and Fury as he was desperate for good boxers !

Scissors likes this.
  13. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    The only thing BT will be concerned about is viewing figures at this point IMO.

If Tyson really did 800,000 + the other night, they will be delighted and telling frank to crack on.

Eventually I guess their might be an Adam Smith type over there to press Frank on quality control.

14. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Yes the numbers will go significantly down if the quality stays the same

moog likes this.
  15. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Conversely the quality won't improve if the numbers dont fall off.....