Carl Froch has been handed final eliminator against......

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by eddie007, Nov 14, 2007.

1. eddie007

eddie007 Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Dennis Inkin, so says the bbc website.

2. UKFightFan

UKFightFan Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Good news for Froch.

I wonder if he will be given the title when Calzaghe vacates (assuming that he beats Inkin)

3. Steve Fox

Steve Fox Guest

I think Carl will probably smoke Inkin's boots and whoever he fights against for a title, will probably have their boots smoked also.

4. Jimbo

Jimbo Super Sharp Shooter Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    I'm assuming that Calzaghe will have given up the belts by the time the fight takes place so the fight will probably be for the belt. Last I read though Hopkins doesn't want the fight until the summer so maybe Joe will face someone else in the Spring?

5. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    This is an eliminator fight for #1 contender status. It is not a title fight. Even if Calzaghe drops the belt, I don't think the winner of the eliminator would have more than Interim Champion status. The WBC would organise another eliminator with the winner fighting the Interim Champ for the Full Title. Correct me please if I am wrong.

6. eddie007

eddie007 Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    That sounds about, think of the extra money the wbc will get:good

7. Jimbo

Jimbo Super Sharp Shooter Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    According to the WBC rules it's open for them to do so (amongst other options):

1.26 Vacant Title.

If a title becomes vacant for any reason, the Board of Governors may in its discretion take whatever steps or actions it deems necessary or appropriate to fill the title, including but not limited to: 1) authorize and cause to be instituted a tournament or elimination contest among leading available contenders in the division of the vacant title, with the winner being recognized as the new champion; or 2) authorize or cause to be instituted a direct bout between the two highest rated available boxers and recognize the winner as the champion; or 3) appoint as challenger the champion of a lower or higher division to contend against the highest rated available boxer of the division for the vacant title; or 4) recognize as champion the winner of a previous elimination bout. This list is non-exclusive.

Of course being a boxing governing body they can ignore these rules or change them whenever they feel like it.

8. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks for that...I was hoping someone would come with the goods!:good

9. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    If this russian guy is as good as his record suggests - unbeaten in 31 fights (24 KO's) this is an excellent match up for an eliminator fight.

Hope Hennessy can secure home advantage for Froch.

According to the schedules, Inkin is due to fight next on 24th Nov (WBC International Super Middleweight Title bout).

10. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Hennasy knows that if he doesn't win home advantage Froch will **** of to Warren. Hennasy is awful look he cant get his fighters title shots unless they get ut in eliminaters, and he is De La Hoyas *****!

11. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Froch could have fought Bute in the eliminator for a shot at Berrio, but chose not to, going for Tatevosyan, whom Bute beat, instead. Bika took his place.

12. Bodysnatcher

Bodysnatcher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 27, 2007
  13. Bodysnatcher

Bodysnatcher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 27, 2007
  14. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    They would normally, but Joe hasn't dropped the belt yet...;)