Carl Froch v Ruben Groenewald

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TheDank, Jan 7, 2021.

1. TheDank

TheDank New Member Full Member

Nov 21, 2020

Never saw this video before. Was the fix in for round 5 or is he chatting **** ?

Having watched it back he was getting his arsed handed to him but the fight on a whole felt weird even before Froch's comments around the betting.

The whole wanted a glove signed is funny if true though.

2. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest New Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    Very strange mannerisms from Ruben Groenewald but maybe that's just his style. I think the stoppage was harsh though. Interesting that it's the same ref that stopped Groves early in his first fight vs. Froch.

3. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Was just about to mention Foster, especially as he was caught liking the tweet the day before the fight which predicted Froch TKO 9.

iamthegreatest likes this.
  4. iceferg

iceferg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    The Carl Froch vs Robin Reid fight was fixed. I know villains from Newcastle who won money on it.

I would say from all the rumours a few of his early ones were but definitely the Reid fight.

pow likes this.
  5. iceferg

iceferg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I notice someone has copied this post.

6. micker1

micker1 Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    It doesn't surprise me. Some of the stoppages in British fights over here have been a disgrace. If someone is making big money on a specific round, the stoppage is easy to set up.

Round 8 push him back to the ropes and throw as many shots as you can. He will cover up and the ref will jump in. I'm not sure why they would have told the guy they were stitching up beforehand though.