Carl Froch vs Chris Eubank

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DrMo, Sep 3, 2012.

1. atberry

atberry Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2009
    I don't see Froch going 12 with Eubank. He'd eat so many sneak rights.

2. ApatheticLeader

ApatheticLeader is bringing ***y back. Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    You probably shouldn't have opinions...

3. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Chris Eubank hit harder than Froch! Clearly!

4. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    When did Eurbank ever go the US and KO their marquee belt holder in their own backyard? Or take on a guy as dangerous as Bute? I'd put Bute in a similar category to McClellan. Benn was good but he'd been stopped before Eubank did it.

5. oli

oli Boxing Junkie banned

Mar 11, 2010
    Eubank UD. He does what Jermain Taylor did without getting KO'd.

6. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Nigel Benn was more dangerous than bute, Bute was not a destructive fighter....

7. ApatheticLeader

Jul 20, 2004
    I'm not sure why I even picked out that part of your post, there's so much else even more wrong with it.

Let's start with this suppose ability to frustrate opponents - I can't think of a single fight where Eubank's style caused an opponent to abandon their game plan, whereas I can think of several where an opponent has caused Eubank to abandon his.

Also, Eubank didn't make people technically look bad, Eubank technically looked bad. The one thing I can imagine would be in Eubank's favour is an ability to slip an orthodox jab and land his bodyshots from his crouched stance - his balance was far better with that than it was trying to land head shots.

The way Eubank threw head punches there simply wouldn't be enough velocity behind it to do major damage to Froch without taking damage himself. He'll have to fight a similar fight as he did with Rocchigiani - and over 12 I don't see it working well enough. At the same time I think Eubank if throwing enough would take the first 3/4 rounds out of 6.

Froch wouldn't stop Eubank, but he'd outpoint him in what I'd reluctantly concede would be a tough fight.

8. ApatheticLeader

Jul 20, 2004
    Benn wasn't a destructive fighter at 168. He wasn't even close to being a destructive fighter at that weight.

9. Flea Man

Flea Man มวยสากล Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Rocchigiani would beat Froch IMO.

10. atberry

atberry Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Rocchigiani beat Henry Maske. Clearly at that. Maske was a class above Carl Froch.

11. ApatheticLeader

Jul 20, 2004
    I maintain to this day that he was very seriously below par in the Eubank fight. For whatever reason he spent most of the time standing at mid-range. evading poorly thrown rights but eating uppercuts. When he actually did throw his oh-so-straight left hand, Eubank had little answer.

Anyway, I wouldn't count out Rocchigiani at all against Froch, but I think Froch would beat him.

12. Eubank ducked too many of the top guys of his era.

Froch ranks above, there is nobody missing on his resume, and I respect a loss more than a duck

13. Solar

Solar New Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Comical. Comparing Bute to McClellan is ridiculous. We all saw that Bute was not the fighter we envisaged, and his exclusion from Super Six was justified.

Froch is a decent fighter, not a legend, nowhere near.

14. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Both think they are much better boxers than they actually are and both overlook how their absolutely insane level of toughness has got them as far as it has.

I suspect they poise off for a few rounds, ultimately it turns into a dust up where they have deluded themself into believing it is an intense chess match of the McCallum-Toney ilk and I feel at that stage Frochs better conditioning would win it for him.

Eubank came in good shape but so often he got quite tired and sloppy but incredible toughness kept him relevant for the whole fight.

For the record, Eubank is unknockoutable and Froch is in the process of trying to forge a comparable chin checked legacy.

15. AngloSaxonGirl

AngloSaxonGirl New Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Froch's amazing but then again so was Eubank back in the day. I can't decide!