Carwin Vs Lesnar

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by iksrtfo, Jun 21, 2010.

1. iksrtfo

iksrtfo Jedi Knight of Poon Full Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Isn't this fight in July? I saw a commercial but there is no buzz around this fight at all. Was it canceled? I just saw the commercial a few days ago.

2. BobDigi5060

BobDigi5060 East Side MMA Full Member

Feb 7, 2006
    A little less than two weeks my friend..

I was pulling for Carwin only because I use to be trained by his striking coach Trevor Wittman about 10 years ago when he first moved her but.. I'd hate to see Lesnar lose coming off this layoff.. I'm really starting to feel for the guy so as long as the fight is competitive I don't mind the outcome.

My gut tells me Lesnar will survive some big punches, take it to the ground and control the fight from then on.

3. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    There does seem to be little hype from the UFC's side. They make a Primetime for GSP-Hardy but not for this titantic matchup ?

4. amhlilhaus

amhlilhaus Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    lesnar's their biggest draw, this will be HUGE.

I hope brock wins and faces the other two hot up and comers, either way the ufc heavyweights should be smoking the next couple of years.

5. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    It is a titanic match up that deserves ALOT of hype.

6. jimmie

Jul 19, 2004
    I agree im damn near getting a hardon thinking about this fight. You got 2 dominanting, powerful, atheltic men in their primes not to mention these guys are huge and hit like 18 wheelers that **** is the recipe for brutal action. July 3rd is going to one hell of a night I know Wandy-Akiyama, Brown-Lytle, Bonnar-Krystof II and George vs Pellegrino are going to be amazing fights and so in the main event like we have said. The UFC has put together IMO one of the best cards on paper top to bottom in a few months.

7. sugarngold

sugarngold RIDDUM Full Member

Jun 10, 2007
    They'll hype it the week of the event. The UFC often holds it's cards close to it's chest. The proper way to hype this event would have been to put Carwin and Lesnar as coaches on TUF - but I suppose Brock's constant health problems prevented that.

8. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Looks like the hype machine has begun. Go to UFC.com and it starts with the big fight.

9. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005

Thats nonsense I don't think that ANY Champion should be a coach on that show, it holds the belt hostage for too long. That show is better for rivalries instead of championships.

10. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    I agree that's why I liked Chuck-Tito as coaches because it never held up a belt for over half a year.

11. jimmie

Jul 19, 2004
    They seemed to have the right idea for GSP-Koscheck though. GSP fought March and Kos in May then they rematch in December so its not TO long a layoff like it was for Rampage and Forrest those guys went nearly a year between fights same with Nog-Mir.