Castillo-Corrales And Joshua-Klitschko Are Reasons Why Ward-Kovalev 2 Was A Terrible Stoppage...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Ten Piece Combo, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Ten Piece Combo

Ten Piece Combo New Member banned Full Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Both Corrales and Joshua were battered and on the verge of being stopped, but rallied back to KO their opponent. After being robbed in the first fight, Kovalev deserved better than he got in the rematch. Kovalev should have been given 5 minutes to recover after vicious low blows.

People say that Kovalev was done, but Corrales and Joshua were badly hurt and both were thought to be done. This is boxing. One punch can turn it all around. Kovelav was robbed of that chance.

CST80 and Sephiroth Rising 7 like this.
  2. Ten Piece Combo

Jun 27, 2017
    Tony Weeks should have known better as he was the referee for Castillo-Corrales!

3. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Josh didn't really rally back he initiated the pain and Klit returned the favor, not sure that's a good example.

There will be blood was a great movie by the way, one of DDLs best performances.

Barrera and Pimp C like this.
  4. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Did you enjoy your racist meltdown yesterday GGGTBE , There will be blood , you got male ?

Barrera and Kush like this.
  5. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Margarito vs Cotto is a perfect example. Cotto getting destroyed, much worse than Kovalev, goes on one knee, Bayless starts counting. An experienced ref like Weeks stopping the fight like that is inexcusable and fishy.

6. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Why is this POS still allowed to post? The mods need to ban this fool as soon as he appears.

Blackclouds and Barrera like this.
  7. Ten Piece Combo

Jun 27, 2017
    Definitely shady and biased reffing by Weeks.

8. Ten Piece Combo

Jun 27, 2017
    Regardless, like Kovalev, Joshua was gassed, badly hurt, out on his feet, and had one foot out of the door...

And... huh?

9. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    You don't have to be losing the whole time to make a comeback. Joshua looked done. Not so much because he was hurt, but he because was dead tired.

10. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    The guys is a sicko.. Its like his life revolves around trolling this forum. He should be banned on sight but he'll just be back again the next day like clockwork.

alexthegreatmc and Pimp C like this.
  11. rayrobinson

rayrobinson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
    This is the one sport where you can never ever say 'well he was going to lose anyway'.

Tell that to Froch or JCC.

alexthegreatmc likes this.
  12. alexthegreatmc

alexthegreatmc Sound logic and reason. You're welcome! Full Member

Sep 10, 2013
    As much as I want to comment about alts and you imploding on the forum, I have to agree, it was a bad stoppage. But that's my only beef with the fight. I feel like Ward was convincingly beating him, anything could have happened later though. But the stoppage was premature.

Barrera likes this.
  13. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Listen, stop the nonsense. Anyone with a brain knows Weeks was on Ward's side.
    Its that simple, he missed all the low blows and then just as Kovalev looked like he was going to survive the round he let Ward get away with blasting three consecutive shots way south of the border.

No need to even debate this one, whether they admit it or not ward was aided by a dishonest referee.
    Did'nt look like ineptness to me but bias dishonesty!

14. Ten Piece Combo

Jun 27, 2017
    Um, I agree.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  15. Ten Piece Combo

Jun 27, 2017
    I had Kovalev up 5-2 before the 8th, so I disagree that Ward was convincingly beating him. In my opinion, Ward turned up the dirty to turn the tide, which he did to dramatic effect.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.