Castillo is a holder

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by nulty, Jun 23, 2007.

1. nulty

nulty Guest

Watch the fight again 85 percent of the holding was done by castillo hatton came to fight and imposed himself, I know most people here won't give him his respect but hell he deserves it.

2. The Italarican

The Italarican Pretty Good Poster Full Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Ummmmmmmmmmmm no. I was unfortunately not surprised when Hatton grabbed Castillo within 10 seconds to start the fight.

It didn't matter in the end, though. As legit a KO as they come.

3. sandwichsurgeon

sandwichsurgeon Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Castillo is the Mexican John Ruiz and if you don't agree you probably have double standards as everyone says Hatton is the Brit equivalent

4. jopez707

jopez707 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    wrong...hatton did 85% of the holding....it seems to be part of his strategy now....depsite this he is still a great fighter

5. nulty

nulty Guest

Exactly but you could see ricky trying to get clinches broke up, holding his arms up etc. Castillo held a bit.

6. Lampshade

Lampshade New Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    There was no excessive holding on either side, imo. Just good inside fighting. Both were looking to hit when up close.

Saddens me that so many fight fans nowadays can't appreciate it.

7. rustyj

rustyj Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2007
    JLC was doin as much arm locking as eva!

8. nulty

nulty Guest

I beg to differ for me jose was the holder.

9. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Both were holding a lot, however, Hatton was initiating the holding much more

10. erik1126

erik1126 New Member Full Member

Jul 8, 2005
    hatton is the clincher of the fight u watch old hatton its the same thing u watch old castillo fights u dont see that its also because hatton throws his body with like a little jump right after he throws 2 punches but to give credit to hatton he knocked out castillo

11. Silver

Silver The Champ is Here Full Member

Jul 16, 2005
    if you watch earlier castillo fights, he dosnet hold alot while hatton has had that reputation for a while. in this fight both were holding a bit.