catterall

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by micker1, Oct 22, 2017.

1. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Did ok scrappy fight but Nurse had a stinker, deserved to lose !

Davis beats Catterall all day for me and does it within 6 rounds

2. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Solid performance, Nurse was poor. Catterall is solid fighter, him ha OD would be interesting. Doesn’t beat Taylor, not even close. With how poor Nurse was last night, Taylor would have stopped Nurse last night and OD might have too.

3. micker1

micker1 Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Thanks. Sounds like I didn't miss much. Do you think he will try to win the British outright or move onto European belts?

4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Davies has a lot more power than Nurse. It's not a given that Catterall beats him. Would be interesting to see how the bookies price that

5. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Catterall beats Davis comfortably -- does not beat Josh Taylor

lepinthehood likes this.
  6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    My 8 year old lad hits harder than Nurse. I agree it’s definitely not a given, but I think Davies is more effective/likes to work a bit of distance between himself and his opponent to get full leverage with them long arms. If Catterall sticks to him like s**t on a duvet, he’d really stifle him.

I think Hearn is going to carefully build Davies up now and feed him tin cans for a few fights.

DavidJames likes this.
  7. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
  8. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    It was a terrible fight to watch it's seems that nurse didn't have e game plan catterall is not hard to hit and he gassed abit I think as soon as he fights someone that that can punch just as hard as him and can't be pushed around and bullied like nurse was I think he gets found out Taylor would absolutely batter him I think he would even have trouble with Davies

9. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    He does some beautifully ugly stuff on the inside, uses his elbows really well to create space and stop the other guy from throwing.

10. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    One thing i did notice was that cat killed himself for the weight and that was probably the reason why he didnt seem quite as lively as he usualy is.
    Im sort of suprised at that because he isnt a massive 140er.
    I dont know if cat has a dietician on board but to be fair in this day and age anyone with half a brain and doesnt mind doing some study can make the weight loss programme easier than it was"back in the days"