Chantelle Anna Cameron vs. Katie Taylor & Dennis Hogan vs. James Metcalf RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, May 20, 2023.

1. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Mr Hearn says and we all believe until cracks appear indicating that perhaps he talks serious shyte at times to sell tickets and Box Office fees.

Katie Taylor has had a decent career along with Anthony Joshua but neither have qualities to lace the gloves of Ali etc yet Hearn has both on the same level.

Great career but Taylor has serious limitations in the pro game exposed by Delfine Persoon, Natasha Jonas and Chan has schooled her in her own backyard.

sniffmybadger likes this.
  2. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    He did ask

Sonny1 likes this.
  3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Pretty much my card although I also gave Taylor round 2

CST80 likes this.
  4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    That's perfectly acceptable, anything closer... isn't.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  5. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Perhaps the 2nd round could have went to Taylor but your card and overall score is accurate based on what actually happened in the ring.

Scissors, CutThroatFade and CST80 like this.
  6. roeknott

roeknott Seen it all before. Full Member

Jan 4, 2023
    100%
    But when you see a fighter lose it overnight it is sad to witness, and it comes to all fighters great or not.
    Katie Taylor has had a fantastic career, and she may not realise it just yet but she made womens boxing worth watching again, and she did.
    She will be spoken about for years to come, because she achieved many things in her career that many can only dream of, i just hope she has been rewarded for her efforts where she is not tempted back because she has too.
    That i would find even sadder.

TED 822, bbjc, Beale and 1 other person like this.
  7. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    She is turning 37 in July, she is 5 years older than Cameron. She really should retire after the rematch if she decides to take it. A rematch at 140 wouldn’t make a lot of sense. At 135 would make more sense in my opinion.

8. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Hearn is a World Class Salesman and he sounds very convincing to the unsuspecting public.

The type of salesman that sells you a rickshaw when you thought you were buying a car.

9. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Great career, made a fortune and time to go now the torch has been passed on to Chan.

roeknott likes this.
  10. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    This content is protected

Beale likes this.
  11. roeknott

Jan 4, 2023
    OK Son.

12. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Very pleased to see a huge Boxing event back in Dublin after a long absence and tonight's card certainly delivered.

ALN93 likes this.
  13. roeknott

Jan 4, 2023
    I would like to think so, but when you get people being interviewed and looking forward to putting the rematch on i found dis-tasteful.
    Just looking at KTs expressions told me enough, she does not want it and neither should she.
    I really hope she takes time out and reflects on her career and says you know what, i wasn't that bad and stays in the game and helps in some capacity in bringing the next bunch of ladies through next.

bbjc and Beale like this.
  14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Not sure i agree on serious limitations....not that i,ve followed katie that closely. But with what i have seen age and a long career of fighting probably a lot moreso than any sort of serious limitations in the pro game.

Great fighter in her day. Achieved a lot. Agree hearns overselling it....but pretty much his job at the end of the day.

Although i do feel that he ends up causing bigger problems down the line with it at times. Moreso with aj atm. He cant move forward because he cant quite deal with not being all hearns been telling the world over the years. I think he does play a dangerous game with it. Fine line between promoting his fighter well and skewing reality s bit in an already dangerous sport.

Beale likes this.
  15. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    She looked like Katie Taylor in there to me. She got the living dog**** beaten out of her by Persoon and by Serrano, if anything she came out of this one, looking far better off. The reality is, she's just not very good. This should be her 2nd, maybe 3rd or 4th L.