Chaoqun Dong vs. Niwat Kongkan RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Aug 21, 2018.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Měihǎo de yītiān! :thumbsup:

This content is protected

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Chaoqun Dong vs. Niwat Kongkan, 8 rounds @ light middleweight

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This is for the vacant Silver WBC ABC 154lb title.

Chaoqun Dong (aka 董超群) is unrated at 154lb, having debuted at the weight eleven months ago prior to which he campaigned in the pros almost exclusively at super middleweight (suffering both of his losses there at the hands of countryman Ainiwaer Yilixiati, their rematch in 2016 being the finale of the League of Fists tourney and for the WBO Greater China 168lb title. Yilixiati currently is ranked #37 by the WBC at super middle, and is their reigning ABCO titlist).

Niwat Kongkan (aka Ratchasi Sithsaithong) of Thailand is, by contrast, more of a career junior middleweight, and has experienced a tumultuous rollercoaster of a half dozen years in the pros (three more than his opponent, who is nine years his junior); he formerly has worn the full version of the WBC ABC belt in this division, as well as the OPBF super welterweight title, losing the latter in a TKO loss against Takeshi Inoue last November.

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Pageantry dispensed with, let's rumble. :icon_popcorn:

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ...aaaaaaaand, now. :sisi1

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Off the bat, Dong appears like 5" taller, at least. (no heights listed for either on BoxRec, and obviously I wouldn't have been able to read an onscreen graphic in Wúyǔ even if they'd flashed one :nusenuse:)

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 1

Kongkan is ducking low and swerving above the waist drunkenly, baiting Dong and swizzle-sticking his upper body around the home fighter's 1-2s, rebounding with boomerang right hands up top. Kongkan not putting much torque into his shots, just light cheeky point-scoring touches before he starts to yo-yo back into a crouch. Dong is calibrating his aim, finding it difficult at first to land on a target significantly lowered from the plane whence his strikes originate. Dong starts to pick it up in the final minute, tiring quickly of Kongkan's antics, lashing down upon his upper back & nape with right hand whip-cracks and then working him over with short jabs and hooks on the sides of the jaw when Kongkan bends in half, leaving his entire head directly in front of Dong, albeit covered up by his arms. Dong threading in some body shots as well. Kongkan just leaning in and buying himself time bracing against Dong with his forearms parallel to Dong's chest, occasionally poking with a right on the body after getting pried off with a hard shove.

10-9 Dong

Boxing Prospect likes this.
  9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 2

Kongkan is pushing a jab into Dong's guard while taking a half-step outside. Dong is widening his stance, almost doing a full split as he takes a wide swing at the body with a left hook, turning his body around to his right to extend himself further, arm nearly straightening as he reaches for a piece of Kongkan's belt line (which is hoisted WAY over his navel, honestly the ref should've asked his corner to pull that down an inch or two during the preliminary instructions). Dong is backing Kongkan into the ropes and working the body, then prodding him between the eyes with a rower's-oar left jab, palm facing the floor as he repeats the motion over & over. Kongkan is curling his spine, letting his face dangle between his knees as he arches his back and makes every legal scoring area more difficult to reach, then suddenly bolting upright and flailing up top with gotcha right hands that ding across Dong's temples. Dong nods with a grin and gives a casual inviting wave of his fist in the universal gesture for "yeah, bring it!". Dong is backing up to give Kongkan enough rope to fashion his own noose; Kongkan getting bold and lunging up from his crouches into a leaping jab/overhand combo which Dong has scouted nicely, ROCKING the Siamese visitor with an unexpected stiff, straight-as-an-arrow power jab with an authoritative drive forward onto his lead foot, setting up a follow-up flurry that has Kongkan clinching for dear life. They exchange jabs at mid-range after the ref forces a break and Kongkan is saved by the bell, sort of (although Dong appears to have let off the gas pedal after having him hurt, for some reason)

10-9 Dong

20-18 Dong

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Thai sucking wind hard on his stool. Dong's body shots doing a number on him, as is his own style which is a tad frantic & wasteful.

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 3

Kongkan is rocked by a 1-2-1 early, Dong pumping his fists by turn rhythmically as though rigging a sail. Kongkan is ducking and teetering in either direction fluidly as he backs up in order to keep off the center-line, which is admirable strategy in theory but he is mistiming his leans and not minding what Dong is doing, as Dong is catching him when he drifts right with long sweeping left hooks at the edge of the hairline. Dong is dropping some of his left hooks onto the belt line and narrowing them, putting extra mustard on them with a short hop forward, digging just below Kongkan's elbow. Kongkan increasingly affected by those body shots, legs slowing visibly after each. Dong is holding out his left arm every time he jabs and using it like a push-pole, nudging into Kongkan's skull and forcing him to either duck & cover slinking away in a straight line, or risk darting off to either side and eating a hook.

10-9 Dong

30-27 Dong

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 4

Dong pushes Kongkan against the ropes with a quadruple left hook on the head, peppering his chest with shoeshine flurries to pin him in place and then hooking some more, high and low. Kongkan getting absolutely tooled over here, wouldn't be a horrible time for him to consider taking a knee. Dong is putting the right hand out halfway, then pulling the feint and instead landing a stiff jab on the face, snapping Kongkan's head back. He then reverses it, feigning a jab and instead drilling Kongkan with a straight right lead. Dong is just tattooing Kongkan, who can't escape the ropes. Finally a lurching weak croupier's-stick flurry by Kongkan, almost stumbling forward into an involuntary clinch & spin with Dong. Light body jabs by Kongkan from outside, grazing or falling short, and each one countered by Dong with a jab on the nose or a hook softly tapping him in the right ear. Dong just toying with him from mid-range now. Kongkan again backed into the ropes, and once more Dong bemusedly skips away to give him space to launch VERY weak and disjointed overhand combos staggering in toward center after buoying himself off the ropes.

10-9 Dong, almost 10-8 without a KD.

40-36 Dong

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Kongkan inexplicably raises his arms in some perverse victorious gesture waving at the crowd, after probably his worst round of the night. :dunno

I guess he's tooting his own horn for having survived this long and still throwing punches, technically?

Needless to say, the response is tepid at best, not what he was hoping for. He gets a golf clap. :lol:

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 5

Kongkan meets Dong in the middle of the ring and pays a steep price for it, rocked onto his heels by a 1-2-3 and then clipped with a follow-up hook while still reeling with his arms lowered and chin sticking straight up & out. Dong is ripping into him and Kongkan is in dire straits, leaning against the ropes and flailing - but somehow Kongkan keeps his legs under him. Kongkan is bodying up against Dong and scoring some love-tap hooks and uppercuts on his abdomen while turning him, shuffling his feet around him without picking them up off the canvas. Kongkan now breaks into a lateral trot and gives Dong a wide berth, hugging the ropes, but Dong catches up to him, HUGE body shot doubles Kongkan over. Dong throws a straight combo which breaks through Kongkan's guard and the Thai flops forward into a clinch. Kongkan is just getting bounced off the ropes repeatedly by jabs & crosses now, and then bending himself perpendicular with his buttocks sat on the middle rope only for Dong to take advantage with an uppercut fully flush on the downward-facing grill of Kongkan.

10-9 Dong

50-45 Dong