Charlo STOPS Jacobs ...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by at1, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
  2. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Well said

pacas and kirk like this.
  3. chitownfightfan

chitownfightfan VIP Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    I agree that Mallow has great skills but he needs to nail down a plan B when he's being outboxed.
    The Trout fight showed big flaws in his ability to adapt.

And imagine if Dirrel got the nod v Froch and not faked the brain injury v Abe.

He'd be an ATG in this place.

Mallow has a long way before he can claim to have beaten a Froch and an Abe.
    And Mellos CV is not quite to Tony's level yet.

4. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    GGG took Jacobs soul.

Jk, but he def hasn’t looked good since.

I’d take Charlo.

5. ClassicRon

ClassicRon Member Full Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Pretty much the reason why he's been ducking Demetrius Andrade. A silky southpaw with actual boxing skills will give him some trouble. Look what trout did. Andrade is like him on steroids.

CST80 likes this.
  6. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If Charlo is so good, why did he fight a cripple, then his next fight against Pee Wee Herman?! No, Jacobs is a much better fighter than the cripple and Pee Wee.......................Golovkin will knock them both out, but Jacobs ran a lot against Golovkin, got knocked down, got staggered, was sucking wind, got out boxed, out jabbed, not a close fight at all........................remember, America hates Eastern European fighters, they can't get a fair decision in America.....................just like Kovalev
    This content is protected

7. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    "...they had a very close, competetive fight. "
    Hardly call it that...why did/was Jacobs allowed to miss the weigh in & come in at an unfair weight advantage ? If there is another fight between these two I hope this is addressed this time around.

8. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    If you dont think their fight was close, and competetive, I dont know what to tell you.

pacas and drenlou like this.
  9. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    If that does happen then Charlomania will kind of be justified.

GK BOX likes this.
  10. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    What has Charlo done to suggest he can hang with the best of MW’s let alone spark them out cold in 6 rounds?
    What makes you think Jacobs will fold in 6 rounds, being the bigger, heavier and much more versatile fighter?
    He did look a bit leaky in his last fight and he has been down and out before but Charlo is no Pirog or Golovkin.

Golovkin was “exposed” by Brook. Technically, Canelo was supposed to knock him the **** out being bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled.
    How did that play out?

Jacobs didnt care about Sulecki’s power (sounds familiar) so looked like a dumb brawler in there, but we have seen him when he’s alert and focused, no way he lets Charlo land that much and Charlo right now has too many question marks about him to claim he can KO Jacobs in 6.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    pacas and GK BOX like this.
  11. iii

May 3, 2016
    How can it be a competitive ie: Fair ,when one man is inside the weight limit & the other over by a round 16-20lbs minimum...I'm not sure how you think this is a competitive, fair or even in the MQ Rules ?

12. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
  13. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Feed Jacobs to Evil Twin Charlo.

kirk likes this.
  14. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    This is not intended to sound rude but Im wondering if you are understanding what competetive means.

The fight being close and competetive, has nothing to do with how much Jacobs weighed.

15. iii

May 3, 2016
    No worries ... but if that is the case ,it being competitive ,why is there weight classes? Ass I said ,which you have not mentioned in any of your reply's Jacobs was vastly over the weight for the middleweight weight class...hence its not competitive. You are taking it in the literal sense of the actual fight.