Cheeseman v Williamson

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Good fight
    This content is protected

Also it’s a shame about this one falling through I think their combined styles would’ve made for great entertainment.

This content is protected

2. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I’ve followed both Cheeseman and Troy’s careers from the start, they were both my weight as amateurs though they were very much the top of the national rankings and I certainly wasn’t, I was always interested in them and a few others around the weight.

Troy has slowly gone under the radar, but I think some chinks in the armour have shown. He drew with Jack Flatley, someone I know well (was an ABA final rematch) in a fight that it was criminally good and not shown on telly. Flatley was down twice in the first round but then dragged Troy into the trenches and got the draw which doesn’t necessarily bode well for Troy here.

You could have made a case for Harry Scarff beating Troy, and he was certainly behind in his last fight before pulling out a fantastic stoppage.

Troy has the power but Cheeseman is now an experienced pro, he’s been in with all sorts and clearly has the mettle to drag someone into deep waters and drown them like he did last time out. If Cheeseman’s solid chin holds up, I imagine he will start to beat up Troy and win late.

3. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Apparently on the AJ undercard, proper fight this.

4. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Cheeseman fights are usually a fun watch. Should be a good one.

Accurate likes this.
  5. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Cheesemans always in a good fight and this one will be another good one I expect.

I'd favour Cheeseman to take this. He has a solid chin that will take Williamsons power earlier and he's battle hardened to stay on top as the fight goes late.

Is a shame about Eggington v Fowler though

im sparticus likes this.
  6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Decent scrap, hopefullt these become the norm on DAZN

7. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Cheeseman outboxes him, really good fight though.

Eggington Fowler would have been a good fight, I'd favour Fowler stopping Eggington. Fowler can't talk though to be honest, his opposition since losing to Fitzgerald has been poor. He also pulled out of Purse Bids for a fight with Kieran Smith.

He was the most experienced Olympian in the 2016 cohort yet has had the slowest progress out of all of them, bar Muahammad Ali who got done for drugs and Qais Ashfaq who made his debut a year later.

I hope Fowler gets another big fight though. Tremendous talent, just left his best years behind in the amateurs I think, should have turned pro after winning that Gold in the Commonwealth Games.

moog and Scissors like this.
  8. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Anthony Fowler vs Hamzah Sheeraz now ordered instead. That's a better fight than Fowler Eggington in my opinion. I think Fowler is too experienced for Sheeraz.

Would be a cracking fight, but I don't see it happening either.