Chimaev v McGregor, who would win

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by mark ant, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Rather than start threads like this how about naming ANY top 10 lightweight or welterweight that you think Conor would most likely beat. Personally I'm not confident that Conor can beat anyone in the top 10 at 155/170. He might have a few competitive fights if the styles match up but I wouldn't put money on him winning against any of those guys. He would certainly lose more than he would win imo.

mark ant likes this.
  2. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Even if they were the same size it would still be a comfortable win for Chimaev, he is a stylistic nightmare for McGregor, the grappling the stamina etc, nevermind the fact he is a much bigger guy, he destroys 2016 McGregor nevermind the current one

3. mark ant

mark ant Mark Ant is the messiah of boxing knowledge Full Member

May 4, 2017
    If they were the same size he`d have to take Conor to the floor, his boxing skills are nowhere near Conor`s level despite knocking a fighter out with one shot, his defense is horrible.

4. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Yeah, but he would take him to the floor with ease..

mark ant likes this.
  5. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Amusing thread Mark. McGregor would be taken out in a stretcher again.
    As others have stated Chimaev is huge as a Welter so a complete mismatch. Chimaev is hungry and would batter Conor who has not looked good for some time and hasn't evolved since making it. O knoe Conor is looking at coming back at Welter but I can't seeing him having a chance against the top 5 in the division.