Chin of Tyson Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mighty, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: Yes I remember that. The OP was obviously trolling and knows damn well that a glass-jawed Brit is an oxymoron

iii, lepinthehood and elgoadie like this.
  2. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    The Gypsy King doesn't get hit like that, that was a great intentional headbutt on Wilder's fist.

3. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Yes but Hagler was almost 100lbs lighter thsn Wilder and over 100lbs lighter than Fury. How often do you see KDs from punches to the forehead in lighter divisions? Very rarely

4. red corner

red corner Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    Just to be clear that shot was on top of the forehead, not the chin. The forehead is one the hardest parts of the body and does not move nor is it as fragile as the chin is. Fury did not go down instantly. He has been flooded 4x by Wilder who isn't an accurate fighter. See the punch stats.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  5. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    What happened to Amir Khan’s chin? When Faryal slaps him he goes down every time.

6. red corner

Oct 9, 2021
    Right. Tremendous recovery vs. mildly skilled non-punchers. I expect him go down again. That guy was a journeyman. Furs's defense is no so good. And this is an example of another mildly skilled guy like Wilder.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  7. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    If you watch closely, you'll see the shot makes solid purchase with Fury's temple at the point of connection. It's not uncommon for guys at regular weights to be scrambled or dropped by shots to the temple.

Just for the record, for an example of a flush shot to the forehead that clearly sickened a fighter enough to make him fall into an opponent's arms, you can refer to the 8th round of Mayweather-Hatton (Floyd's jabs to the body set Ricky up for it). The punch hurt Hatton enough to facilitate Floyd's first real offensive barrage of the fight (as in, picking up his offense and putting multiple shots together).

I'm not sure why we're arguing these tangential matters, though. "Chin", in boxing talk, denotes resistance to headshots, which was the point.

iii likes this.
  8. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    He has irish blood in him

Themessiah and navigator like this.
  9. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Tysons Chins & Carl Froch' noses.. British institutions.. makes me proud , so much so I now want to put on a stirring rendition of Elgar's Nimrod

navigator likes this.
  10. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    This content is protected

Love the Keano avatar.

AdamT likes this.
  11. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Impressive how he took that.
    But concerning too. The lack of defence, and the toll punches like that take on him.

I think Fury put on a great performance the other night. BUT for me, the jury is still out on whether he's now on a clear decline. He was rusty and sloppy at times, and the punches he took won't have done him any good.

red corner likes this.
  12. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    If Wilder got 4 more inches of extension on that right hand it probably would’ve ended Fury.

13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: It got Clenbuterol'd

iii likes this.
  14. red corner

Oct 9, 2021
    Fury shape is in decline. He is just young enough not be " old " but that portion to the decline should happen around 34 unless he becomes '' fat " then we might see it in the next fight.

15. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    He's got a good chin. But I've seen others take Wilder bombs and stay up. It's just too many factors invovled. Spilzka took some bombs and stayed up, so did Molina and others.