Chisora got robbed

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by THE BLADE 2, May 4, 2021.

1. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    No the last round was for Chisora. Ever wonder why the young face tends to get these close calls? In that sense it is a robbery

2. Sandman_

Sandman_ Gold medalist & Lineal champ Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I watched the fight & personally scored the last for Chisora giving him the win. But it could easily have been given to Parker as could a couple of other close Chisora rounds that I scored (5 being one that I can recall).

There was no robbery. The fight was in Chisora's own country with British officials. Close for Chisora but no cigar.

3. Vince Voltage

Vince Voltage Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 1, 2011
    In my opinion, Parker has now "won" fights with Chisora, Hughie, and Ruiz. He is the opposite of Fres Oquendo, always getting the benefit of the doubt. But you know, I bet Chisora gets offered a big fight before Parker does.

4. Sandman_

Sandman_ Gold medalist & Lineal champ Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    The Dillian Whyte fight was close. Parker had a knockdown ruled against him that was from a headclash & would have won by stoppage had the fight continued for another 30 seconds. Hughie fought the whole fight in reverse gear, didn't deserve to be rewarded by the judges for doing so & wasn't. I scored the Ruiz fight to Parker close & the Chisora fight to Chisora close. Maybe Dereck, Dillian or Hughie would be interested in rematching Parker in New Zealand with Kiwi officials? Hughie has already refused to travel there once to fight with neutral officials in a world title fight but perhaps now he'd be willing to travel to the other side of the world & take his chances with home country officials in the same way that Parker has against British fighters?

5. Safin

Safin Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I'm sure you're a boxing legend on your own street.

ShovelHook likes this.
  6. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Chisora was strong at the start of the 12th, then dropped the pace in the last two minutes and let Parker get back into it. A fight isn't scored on the overall result but round by round. Get over that fact. I keep hearing whiners complain about someone getting knockdowns in a fight they lost as if it determines the result of anything outside of that round. Those hurtful body shots also seemed to do little to Parker, who is durable af to say the least, and they weren't consistent throughout enough rounds to clinch them. Chisora was just a victim of his own stamina for the umpteenth time. If he learned to pace himself better he may be winning these fights he loses narrowly.

7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    It wasn't a robbery. It was a very close fight I could see it being a draw or either man winning by a round.

Sandman_ likes this.
  8. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Robbed no. It was a draw.

9. Sampneb

Sampneb Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2018
    Close fight. I was pissed as **** and had Parker just nicking it but would need to watch again.

10. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    very solid point, had the same experience years ago when a buddy of mine won a close decision ,I was near ringside and thought he might have lost and I was of course biased. He got a split decision 96-95,94-96, 96-94. Other friends who sat a good distance away scored it 98-92 and 97-93. I said what were you watching? I had it 5-4-1 in rounds the other way.

N17 likes this.
  11. N17

N17 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Yeah it can be really different when you are that close.

12. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    THe word "robbed" should be considered an obscene word and be banned from this site.

N17 likes this.
  13. Boomstick

Boomstick Active Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2020
    Not a robbery at all. Chisora fought hard, but he doesn't have the stamina to bring that same initial pressure for the full fight. he was winded after 3 or 4 rounds, and his output and strength suffered for it. He also abandoned the jab for the middle of the fight, and kept going for that swim move trying to duck under Parker's shots to get close and pound away at the body. It wasn't working to the same degree anymore, and he seemed to have no plan B.

He could have won, but it would have been a favorable decision to him. Either way, close fight. A bunch of close rounds, but Parker won the vast majority of the mid and late rounds.