Chisora turns down Whyte rematch?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Draperys, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    You’re clutching at straws.

2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I thought the schools had gone back already?

3. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I thought that. Feels like i’m debating with my 9 year old.

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  4. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    they need to pay derrick what he deserves. he's the a-side when it comes to support.

whyte won't make the same money from any other fight except AJ.

5. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Oh my...

6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    No, you're just a Hearn bum whiffer and the vitriolic conjecture you've just fired my way only confirms that.

Sorry hun x

7. Infern0121

Jan 21, 2018
    No you are

No you are

Don't try to sound sophisticated by using big words darling.

Terms like "bum whiffer" shows exactly what you are up to.

You ARE A hater, and to you anyone who has objectivity simply MUST BE a fanboy

8. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    Vitriolic is not a big word.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  9. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I think it was the word ‘conjecture’ that got him slamming his fruit shoot down in dismay, mate.

10. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    I only used it because it's Frank's favourite word.

Holler and Twentyman like this.
  11. Infern0121

Jan 21, 2018
    It's nice to see the clique of the early 2010s has been reborn

12. Infern0121

Jan 21, 2018
    What "hype"

Whyte is marketed as a top 5 heavyweight.

Because he IS

Chisora is ..... chisora

A guy who loses 1/4 of his fights

A guy who is either a decent heavyweight or a journeyman depending on which way the wind is blowing.

His win over Takam was nice, but he never backs up his form so he will probably lose his next decent matchup.

I'm saying he doesn't deserve a 50/50 split against Whyte because they are in different positions in the division.

It's you lot who don't want to admit that, you are only interested in shitting on whyte and lumbering him in with dull boy as being the same level.

Yes they had a close fight when they fought.

Calzaghe had a close fight with Robin Reid. He wouldn't have been worth 50/50 in a rematch.

13. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    I like Whyte, made a post on here to that effect. Think he's really knuckled down since Aj fight and I think the guy will fight anyone. However, not seeing what makes him the massive A side in a Chisora rematch? If you look at it objectively the only reason there's even an appetite for a big money rematch is because the first figth was so good, which both men had an equal part in.
    Yes Chisora has been around the block but at the end of the day I'm not sure that has much relevance on their rematch. The first fight alone sells it but the fact that Whyte just got over the line against Parker in an entertaining fight and Del Boy flattened a man that AJ didn't look fantastic against is definitely boosts the profile further.
    This is one of those fights where nobody could care less about rankings, they have no bearing on this fight. It's got nothing to do with titles or positioning for a mandatory spot. It's pure money for the fighters and entertainment for the fans, simple as that.
    Some people are saying it's not a 50 50 fight and Im not actually sure I agree with that. Maybe Whyte could make a case for the lions share because he's putting more on the line at this stage of their careers but otherwise I'd be expecting 50/50 or very close to it if I was Chisora...

Oreet Cha! and Holler like this.
  14. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I think your selling Del Boy a little short there. He's top ten ranked with several of the organisations and has domestic drawing power and name recognition. He can also sell a fight. That should be reflected in any offer.

Draperys likes this.
  15. Infern0121

Jan 21, 2018
    He got very fortunate with those rankings that old man Takam was obviously totally done and Chisora could club his gassed out carcass out.

Kabayel beat him pretty comfortably two fights ago.

I'm just sick and tired of chisora to be honest with you. He doesn't train, loses to guys he shouldn't but always does just enough to keep his career going.

Guys like him, Pulev, and the other leftovers from the klitschko era all need to have a tournament where everyone except the winner retires.

The only reason he's really getting so much support on here is because Whyte is a Hearn fighter

If Whyte was with fish eyes this board would consider him the #1 heavyweight in the country and say he'd beat AJ now and that hearns was ducking him.