Chisora turns down Whyte rematch?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Draperys, Sep 10, 2018.

1. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    infern0121...are you some sort of matchroom plant on here? Wow

Sephiroth Rising 7 and Inglis_1 like this.
  2. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Hate it on boxing forums these days, apparently nobody can have an opinion without it being linked to a promoter...strange

3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Just as an aside, I like Whyte. I couldn’t care less about the promoting side of things. So don’t give me the having an agenda nonsense.

You made reference to Chisora losing against Euro bums...he’s lost to a prime Helenius, whom he was actually robbed against. Kabayel is a unbeaten fighter who could go on to have a really good career. He lost to Fury twice and is Fury’s 2nd best win. He lost to a heavyweight great in Vitali Klitschko, he lost to a prime Haye. He got stifled against a very good, active Pulev. I don’t see any bums there. I don’t get your agenda of hating on Chisora and making him out to be mediocre. Anyone who knows anything about boxing knows that when he’s up for a fight it’s an entertaining scrap. He’s only 34 and still has a lot to offer.

Potwash likes this.
  4. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    He's an entertaining undercard fighter who is usually in a entertaining fight if he's up for it.

Whyte is a young fighter with only loss in a competetive fight to the #1 in the division when both were green

Whyte is also on a great run of form.

My MAIN issue is Whyte shouldn't be looking backwards at this stage.

Whyte should be pushing on for a FINAL eliminator or a title shot.

Yes the Whyte chisora was close, I think down to styles more than anything as both are messy fighters. But Whyte got the nod and has had good form since. Whyte took a further loss and pulled one out of the bag vs Takam.

Basically Whyte should be pushing forward, Chisora should be too but he's a step or two behind whyte

5. TSoprano

TSoprano Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Chisora clearly beat Whyte in their first encounter. He deserves a rematch.

Potwash likes this.
  6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    If I was Whyte I'd avoid Chisora he has nothing to gain from that fight, if he wins he beats a guy who is a borderline journeyman now and he already bested, it would likely be a tough fight as well. Miller would be a better option - an undefeated American who has a fair bit of hype around him.

7. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    You know you are allowed to be a fan of both Whyte AND Chisora right...Whyte reminds me of Chisora anyway, they have similarities for sure.

Chisora doesn't pretend to be something he isn't. He has been in the ring with them all and you are right sometimes he hasn't put on the greatest performance but its all down to styles.

You say Whyte should be pushing foward and Chisora is a step behind him, well if thats the case then Joyce is a step behind Chisora. If Whyte dont fight Chisora again is he ducking him like del boy supposedly ducked Joyce?

Draperys likes this.
  8. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Who are these ring side people you speak off? Did they dissappear into the sunset or are they still around?

Because the commentators I was listening (former boxing champions) has Whyte comfortably ahead in performance and on the cards. So clearly you must have been watching from a parallel universe.

Whyte is always going to get hated on, and written off, but he's still winning so come off the baseless bashing.

Chisora should get what he's given and be quiet, he's not worth as much as Whyte is right now and Whyte is DOING HIM a favour by giving him a payday. Whyte does not need this fight, if he takes it he is also doing the fans a favour to shut them up.

He's earned his title shot, has numerous WBC fights, won the last 7 fights where the majority counted him out. Beat Parker... how many saw that coming? I did... definitely not you.

Chisora can take 30 or 40 per cent and be happy.

9. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Chisora is a cry baby... he needs to be more pragmatic because he ain't been active like Whyte and he's not worth the same right now.

Yeah the first fight was close, but Dillian won... it was a good fight.

The rematch would be good, but Dillian DOES NOT need it. It would be for the fans only, so show some gratitude for a guy who could risk EVERYTHING.

Derek can take 30 percent and keep his mouth shut. He can't get too excited for beating one good opponent, when Whyte grinded 7 wins.

Chisora he lost to Agit Kabayel and beat the most UBER DRIVER LOOKING BUM OF A BOXER in Zakaria Azzouzi that I will ever see in my life,

Yet you want to call Whyte opponents bums? GTFO!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  10. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Nah put Miller in with Chisora, Del Boy would wipe the floor with him!

People want Whyte Chisora rematch..you say Whyte has nothing to gain but he has. Loads of People thought Chisora won and even if you didnt you cant deny it was a close fight...and saying Chisora is borderline journeyman is disrespectful. Nothing againts Journeymen but you do know what they are right?

11. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Whyte is on the verge of huge fights with AJ and Wilder, there's no need to take a tough fight with a guy he's already beaten, he would likely take unnecessary damage and he'd gain nothing from a world ranking point of view.

12. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Chisora should try n get the best pay day he can then retire

13. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Can see Hearn doing Chisora/Miller and Joshua/Whyte next year- possibly on the April card.

How you fit in another PPV between now and Christmas is beyond me- there could be as many as five PPVs excluding Whyte/Chisora between Frank and Eddie before Christmas.

Holler likes this.
  14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Whatever the reasons, the first fight was very fun to watch and at times hilarious.

Once again it's us the fans who miss out.

15. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    They won't put Whyte in any danger fights as they will build for AJ Whyte 2 Redemption or some nonsense, outside odds Whyte is at the AJ fight and does something controversial at the end