Chisora v Parker

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by themaster999, Feb 3, 2019.

1. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Talk of this on the Whyte April 20th card.

Along with Allen v Browne and Hunter v Takam.

Suspect.chin and moog like this.
  2. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    That really would be a mouthwatering undercard if that was to happen.

4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Think Parker would win easily on points but that’s a nice undercard fight don’t think anyone would complain about that.

That really would be a nice undercard, I remember Hearn teased a HW “Night of the Giants” last year and honestly you don’t even need any other fights on that. Maybe Price-Webb for a chandelier glass extravaganza.

5. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Could have potential to squeeze Uysk on it if he does move up to heavy.

Suspect.chin and Twentyman like this.
  6. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I don’t really want to see chisora fight again, I’d be happy for him to retire now.

Nothing against him I just fear for his health and I think Parker would stop him

bartkiwi, Brixton Bomber and moog like this.
  7. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Chisora still has some fight in him bruv..wouldnt be surprised at all if he beat Parker.

Really hope this undercard happens,..theres been so many rumors at the moment im sick of them, this aint loose women this is boxing baby the greatest sport in the world... make it happen!!!

stittyb likes this.
  8. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    If that's the undercard I've no issues with it costing 20 pounds. PPV is acceptable IMO when the promoter is clearly trying to give decent value for money, rather than grabbing a quick buck.

9. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    He’s fighting in America in May

10. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    With this potentially being paired with the khan fight. I wonder if they up the price to £24.95. So you get the khan card for a fiver

11. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Would be a great fight. But so many egos to deal with there you’d imagine.

This content is protected

12. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    It's a good card, definitely.

Whyte vs Povetkin/Brezeale/Ortiz

Chisora vs Parker

Hunter vs Takam

Allen vs Browne

And throw in Price vs Little 2 for good measure since the first fight ended with that terrible stoppage.

Looks to me like a few too many high(ish) purses in there to get all these fights on the one card, but we'll see. Maybe the suggestion that this could be £25 along with the Khan-Crawford fight could come true. It's probably only a matter of time before the price of the PPVs go up again and this could be their way of introducing the new higher price. Spinning it as you're getting 2 PPV events for an extra fiver.

underwraps likes this.
  13. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Great potential card, I really like the potential Hunter vs Takam fight and my tip for fight of the night.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  14. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Chis vs Parker is pointless. Chisora is done - a good punch against Takam don't undo that. While Parker isn't the best or ever going to be a world beater, it is a just a fight to glorify. Gatekeeper Chisora gets a payday and Parker gets propelled back into the talk. Works for business, but boxing and sense wise it isn't a fight for me.

15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Yeah I'm up for a night of Heavyweights on Sky. I'll pay too and I don't mind because..

David Price is on the March 30th show in Liverpool, so he shouldn't be on both.

Hopefully Hearn has seen the light and read his twitter feed and understands nobody wants to see Price on another PPV card ever again.

I'm delighted, it looks like Price has finally been binned, it means I can buy PPVs again. Price has had his "owed" fight and can go away and become a journeyman.

I was on a one man boycott of Sky Sports Boxing PPV while David Price was featured, sticking a fighter on PPV that quits, gets knocked out, stopped, beaten regularly is and was a total joke and an insult to boxing fans.