Chisora vs Parker PPV

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DramaShow, Mar 3, 2021.

1. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Hearns not going to stop with these until we have a complete stinker of a main event, maybe twice in a row at these level of fights.

All for fighters earning money but it's rarely based on ability anymore, which is really sad to see.

2. Fibbo

Fibbo Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2021
    Chisora fought Vitali Klitschko for the World Title

3. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    He's probably describing Whyte - who has never challenged for a world title.

4. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Yes, I am a fan, I'm much more of a boxing fan but I think it's the set up that the most appealing.

One belt, the best fighting the best.

Of course you get hype and some BS, it's promotion I understand that, but boxing is getting more ridiculous every year.

Twentyman and kojak like this.
  5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    For a regular Saturday Fight Night card this would be an 8/10 for a PPV card it's 2/10.
    It's worse than the Dillian Whyte vs Rivas/Parker cards because at that point in time there was the possibility that Whyte would be go on to challenge and perhaps win a World title. But what is the appeal of Chisora/Parker ??? Not only is Parker boring AF to watch but neither him or Del Boy will ever achieve anything, Chisora isn't even a gatekeeper anymore he's a journeyman and Parker isn't far off being that so why pay £20 ??

kevin-novice likes this.
  6. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Most normal fight fans would look at this con of a fight and not part with a penny. F me Chisora is fast becoming a journeyman and Parker just hasn’t got it. Crap boring plod of a fight. Please guys don’t part with yoir money and teach Eddie a lesson.

crixus85 and kevin-novice like this.
  7. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    This is a good card tbh, definitely worth £20.

8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Chisora is a couple of years off ending up like Kevin Johnson, travelling here there and everywhere to give young upcoming fighters some rounds with his durability.

Parker strikes me as a decent bloke, more of a sportsman than a fighter who could probably have applied himself well in a few sports. He's got heart but just lacks that aggression and explosiveness.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  9. kevin-novice

kevin-novice Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Haha

10. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Watching Chisora-Parker, Bivol, Eubank Jr and Katie Taylor all on a card for £20 is good value for money.

Not usually a Hearn fan, but I think this card provides you with entertainment for 4 or 5 hours.

Watching Bivol at a reasonable time is also a huge plus. Probably the best pure boxer in the LHW division.

11. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Hearn just couldn't give a toss, just watched his interview from last night with Boxing Social.

He is admitting Chisora Parker is not a stand alone PPV but he reckons it's a PPV Card.

He is sure it will do numbers and that means it is/was PPV. It's all about the numbers, so if people keep buying them he'll keep serving them up.

He reckons Whyte Povetkin will do over 300k and Parker Chisora will do around the same, maybe a little less.

Gatekeeper and roddy like this.
  12. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    To be fair you’ve just said it all. He’s employed by Sky to get people to buy PPV and he’s served up a poor PPV card but will sell nonetheless. He’s doing his job.

my other guess is this is his last PPV on his Sky contract which is up in June

N17 likes this.
  13. Trafford

Sep 29, 2018
    Heard a rumour that the fifth fight might be Makabu vs Riakporhe with the intention the winner fights Okolie in the winter

14. roddy

roddy New Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2021
    And he’s got the casuals that much in his pocket he can serve up any old sh!te and they’ll still buy it, so why spend more on better fights when it’ll get bought regardless.

15. Trafford

Sep 29, 2018
    Out of interest. What fights could he have made for May is On PPV you reckon?