Chisora vs Parker PPV

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DramaShow, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    No way will he retire. He will still make a handsome commission high on undercards, albeit much less than PPV but that was never his norm anyway.

2. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Doubt Chisora retires even if he loses. He’s a name if a prospect needs a step up or a comeback fight. I still think Dubois will fight him on the comeback trail.

3. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    If he carries on he's the new Danny Williams

4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    On to the next pay day

Gatekeeper, EJC83 and Glenn McKrory like this.
  5. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    It is all about opinions. I respect yours. I think he carries decent power. This is what makes sport so great.

velagod likes this.
  6. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Who does Chisora fight next when he beats Parker? People always write Chisora off but he is going to prove a lot of people wrong again come Saturday night.

7. Safin

Aug 3, 2019
    People always write him off because he always loses against decent opposition.

Erik, rezzer and Wizbit1013 like this.
  8. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    He will beat Parker.

9. Safin

Aug 3, 2019
    He might beat Parker, he might not. I'm just saying that people have been right to write him off because he has lost every bout he has been in which has seen him step up a level.

Takam is maybe his best win and he is Euro level at best with no good wins of his own.

I reckon Paint Dry Parker will cruise to a decision.

Is Chisora even Euro level? Many here say Whyte is British level (which I disagree with), so where is Chisora?

10. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    I don't think Chisora has ever done anything in his career to suggest that he can deal with a boxer like Parker. Parker, as boring as he can be, has shown throughout his career that he can deal with Chisora types, I say that fully aware of what happened against Whyte but that fight was dodgy as hell.

11. Safin

Aug 3, 2019
    He was unlucky to have the first knockdown counted as such, but I wouldn't say that it was dodgy as hell. Far from it. He was absolutely useless and only ended up getting Whyte on the canvas in the dying seconds because he was gassed. Whyte is not a Chisora type, as you put it. He's far better than Chisora.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  12. chrisfinch

chrisfinch Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Yeah I don’t think Parker is a world beater by any stretch, but on paper he should deal with Chisora fairly comfortably over 12 paint-drying rounds.

I know we always here the nonsense every time a PPV needs selling that this is the ‘Best ever Chisora’ and everything, but the reality is he only has a couple of wins at anything approaching above domestic level and I certainly wouldn’t class him as European level.

The Takam win gets far more credit than it deserves, simply because Takam lasted a few rounds against AJ, so people assumed that meant he had a bit of quality. Carson Jones syndrome.

As odd as it sounds I think if he does win, it says more about the level that Parker is at, than the quality of Chisora, which is pretty well established now.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  13. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    I think he was way too timid for too long in that fight but I also think that some of that was because he'd been fully headbutted to the ground. Take out that headbutt and Parker would have ground out a win I think.

14. Coybig

Coybig Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    People write Chosora off because he's rank rotten and done nothing of note. He's known for his losses not his wins

rezzer likes this.
  15. Safin

Aug 3, 2019
    Parker got up and was compos mentis, having full control of his senses and his legs. He didn't look hurt and laughed at the end of the round. He's tough and everybody knows that. If anything, that should have given him a kick up the backside, but he continued to plod on in much of the same way as he did prior.

I thought it was an enjoyable contest but only because Whyte took it to Parker. Parker actually looked a lot better in that one than he did against Fa, for example. He looks like he has regressed. I am expecting him to be better against Chisora.

Wizbit1013 likes this.