Chris Colbert vs Yuriorkis Gamboa set for July

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

2. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    At what weight? I think so far he has only fought at 130 and obviously Gamboa currently fights at 135.

Time to call in the brains @CST80 and @IntentionalButt

3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Colbert is the A-side, so if he has no plans on moving up, they'll drain Gamboa down to 130. Which is not advisable and not healthy for Gamboa at this stage in his career, and if that's the case, Colbert should be ashamed of himself. But if he's moving up, then Gamboa at 135 is a damn good first opponent at a new weight.

Alo2006, Oddone, Surrix and 1 other person like this.
  4. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I'm sure I've seen Colbert but can't for the life of me remember a thing about him...which suggests he isn't exactly a thrillride. :lol:

5. Boon

May 2, 2015
    I was hoping he would do something special at 130 before he moves up. If he is going to 135 without doing anything first I feel let down as a fan, unless he needs to move up due to weight difficulties.

But if 135 first opponent is Gamboa, then that's all good. Chris Colbert looks cool AF in the ring and he is only 24 so I am expecting a good ass career from him.

CST80 likes this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    The Cyclone is old, punching above his weight, and thoroughly beaten up, with most of his prime speed and reflexes shot...but he's still game for anyone but a blue chipper.

Boon and CST80 like this.
  7. Boon

May 2, 2015
    He has only had a couple of fights with people rated inside the top 50 rated fighters. However, he does look slick with skill and has fast combinations, no?

8. Boon

May 2, 2015
    It's almost unfair for any top fighter to be taking him on right now, similar (but not as far as) Manny Pac-Man. Both have paid their dues and should have no pressure on them to take the tough fights anymore. Also, they deserve easy payday's.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Just read back through my RBR thread for J-Rock vs. Bananaman (when Colbert fought Jezreel Corrales) ...and yeah, memory refreshed - really wasn't impressed. You posted on the night a more forgiving takeaway from his performance, and @CST80 gave off a vibe somewhere in the middle...not blown away but did have CC defeating a decent opponent comfortably enough (by a few rounds).

CST80 likes this.
  10. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I was actually thinking about that performance, evidently while you were writing this, and no, I wasn't blown away, nor was a blown away by his performance against Arboleda, however... his chin certainly did pass the test. So I don't think he's some next level breakout star, or unbeatable, but he's most likely going to be too much for a drained Gamboa.

Boon and IntentionalButt like this.
  11. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
  12. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Rather see Stephen Colbert against Gamboa.

sasto likes this.
  13. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Chris Colbert, much like Tim Zoo, has a name so ferocious that he doesn't even need a nickname to scare his opponent. When mothers try to scare their baby chilluns at night...they warn them that Chris Colbert and Tim Zoo gon' come n' get 'em.

14. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Am I the only one who thinks (with regret) that Gamboa is past due for retirement? The Guantanamo Cyclone would have been a dangerous test for Haney, that guy's not around anymore.

He has no faith in the Achilles tendon holding so he can't fight his style and will just be soaking up punishment.