Chris Eubank Jr is “not getting any younger”

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wig, May 2, 2021.

1. Terry94

Terry94 15-05-20 Full Member

Apr 20, 2017
    A fight with Liam Williams would be an absolute war and I would love to watch that, sadly not going to happen haha.

Kell Brook. What's the point? Kell is past it and other than getting beat by GGG he has never fought at Middleweight. Would be a waste of time, but can imagine would be a good pay day for both.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  2. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Oh, he's getting younger alright.

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    He should have quit when Hamed told him to finish.

kojak likes this.
  4. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Active Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2007
    I've always rooted for young Chris for some reason, but I thought he looked like he had deteriorated on Saturday. I thought he looked confused about whether he should sit back and do a RJJ impression or press forward with high output, which has always been his strength. It all just looked a bit average for someone that is supposed to be world level.

Golovkin on the other hand looked good in his last fight, he played with and tortured the guy he was fighting. He also still has one of the best jabs in the game, which young Chris is a sucker for. Golovkin would time him all day long and would finish him at some point.

5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    So, Jr comes out of the wildernesses, does a ridiculously poor imitation of RJJ.

Beats MORRISON, MORRISON... F'ING MORRISON..... TYAN BOOTH'S LEFT OVERS.

And some of you are losing your minds again :lol: Errrr OK.

6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Its amazing isn't it? You know how good Jones thinks he is by saying he should fight Kell Brook.

N17 and Here's Johnny like this.
  7. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Wouldn't surprise me if he's headlining a Sky ppv within a year.

kojak and N17 like this.
  8. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s no secret that I’ve seen through the joker from the start but the the question on this matter should be a different one. What has he done to deserve any kind of fight like this? It comes back to the same thing as it’s always been, his name.

Does anyone actually remember his early days? Poncing about the ring for 2 mins, throwing 5 fast shots then repeating until the ref stepped in to ensure the hype continued. It was all a ploy in my opinion as I think he has an average engine. A couple of them probably beat him just because he was so inactive. He threw so many shots in the Blackwell fight but other than that I can’t remember when he ever had a good output. Looks knackered a lot despite the poor output so maybe he doesn’t train well when he isn’t threatened.

kojak likes this.
  9. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    ggg was getting backed up by the feather fisted ginger midget, let’s not forget this is the same guy who was put on the back foot for twelve rounds by a super featherweight (albeit the GOAT sfw)

even kell Brook a not especially
    Powerful 147lber buzzed Golovkin a few times before his weak orbital structure was exposed.

Expect the Brook fight next, and when young CHRIS dispatches of Kell within two/three rounds the comparisons will - rightly or wrongly - be made to Golovkins performance.

I don’t see where else GGG can go now to avoid this kid. Retirement or passing of the torch, either way there’s a new king of the division waiting to be crowned.

GGG:
    YES Brain
    NO Chin
    YES Heart

Young CHRIS:
    YES Brain
    YES Chin
    YES Heart

10. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I don't think Golovkin was ever buzzed by Brook, Golovkin walked through big shots from a Clen using Alvarez to land his own, that was after the Brook fight.

There are two unbeaten World Champions in the Middleweight division and Jnr doesn't want the smoke. Gennady Golovkin is in the division, a World Champion, he lost his pen five years ago when Golovkin was 34 and up for the fight, over than name dropping to try and stay relevant I don't believe that he wants anything to do with Golovkin in the immediate future. Genuine question, name a dangerous and prime opponent that Jnr has been in with.

kojak likes this.
  11. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    What does clenbuterol use have to do with anything? Do you know what it is? The way you have used it suggest that it is an anabolic agent, which it is not. As if Golovkin wasn't juiced to the gills, either.

Golovkin would be battered by Euabank Jr. Too much talent.

EJC83 likes this.
  12. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    Haha, I think you're pulling my leg with all of this dear boy!

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  13. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I'm really not. It amazes me how wet behind the ears users are on a boxing forum, of all things, when it comes to doping. You've just used Alvarez' clenbuterol use to strengthen your argument, as if Golovkin hasn't had his pick of the finest big pharma has to offer since he hit puberty.

Eubank Jr would smash him to smithereens. Golovkin is a basic plodder who is now well past it.

14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    If you think GGG is or was a basic plodder then you're an idiot.

15. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    You are blatantly on the wind up pal!