Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith - December 17

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DramaShow, Nov 2, 2022.

Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith

Poll closed Jan 21, 2023.
  1. Eubank Jr By T/KO

25.8%
  2. Eubank Jr By Decision

42.3%
  3. Smith by T/KO

2.1%
  4. Smith by Decision

26.8%
  5. Draw

3.1%
  1. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    You get a grip. I can’t stand Eubank, never have and have plenty of reasons for it. Why would I want him to beat someone proper, who I like. He’s the anti if what proper people like. Boxing is the number one working class normal sport. Rich, arrogant silver spooned cherry picking con man is the opposite to what the sport’s about. I’d say what I’ve said is a lot less worthy of getting a grip than your charisma, once in a generation comments. He’s a phony and conned all your type for ten years whilst only taking a similar number of punches.

2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Eubank Jrs best win is over a shot to bits James DeGale who lost to an American journeyman over a year earlier.

He has bombed out European level opposition but lost against live fighters at world level. Groves dropped him twice and beat him at a canter.

Judging by the predictions people here are seriously over rating him and under estimating Smith. Smith holds a recent win over Kurbanov who is a very good fighter in his own right (he got robbed on the cards).

Here's Johnny likes this.
  3. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I wouldn’t call my reason why I fear smith will lose an excuse, Eubank the naturally bigger stronger man, I think that will be the difference. Unfortunately

Here's Johnny likes this.
  4. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Very strange to ask another member of their sexuality, and indeed to rationalise this inquiry based upon the member's perception of charisma. Do a search for "charisma" and you will find a host of members referring to charisma when discussing boxers. Are you going to question their sexuality, too, or are you not bitter toward those particular members? Haven't they yet put you in your place?

You sound so terribly angry. I'm not sure if it's myself or Eubank that has caused this, but you ought to attain some perspective. Eubank, nor a boxing forum, should be an important enough part of your life to get you riled.

Eubank is incredibly charismatic. As mentioned, he has everything required to be regarded as such. It will indeed make a difference in the bout because it will unsettle Smith, as it has unsettled you.

The fact that you can't stand another man based upon socioeconomic status and subsequent jealousy is worrying.

"...to beat someone proper...". Oh, dear.

I'll leave you to it. Enjoy the contest.

This always amuses me. It's the same weight division. One inherently has to be stronger, but that is no excuse. Greats in the lower divisions have defined their careers by defeating 'stronger' opposition. Even those who are not so great have done so.

Heavyweights compete with enormous weight disparities. Usyk just beat Joshua, who is "bigger" and "stronger"; didn't stop him.

5. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Why does it amuse you? Ones a big middle comfortable at supermiddle and ones a light middle comfortably.

That’s the thing though Liam is not a “great”, I say that as a fan of his. Joshua and usyk is irrelevant, heavyweights are a different thing, plus every situation is on their own merit it’s not black and white e.g weight is the determining factor every time or not at all. There are other things I think Liam will struggle with too such as Eubanks hand speed up close, but I just think that the size, strength and weight will be the biggest factor in the end.

6. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    It didn’t stop Usyk because he is a generational talent. I like Eubank and think he’s fun, but he isn’t a generational talent. If he was he would have beaten Groves. There was a weight discrepancy but Groves wasn’t his best then and a great fighter would have beaten him

jimmyonebomb likes this.
  7. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Ben Shalom has just confirmed this has been agreed for 17th December and it WON’T be on PPV. Great stuff.

zulander, littlebrain and Astro like this.
  8. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Seems a bit bizarre that Eubank Smith isn't PPV but Taylor Catterall will.

9. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    Same night as Warrington in Leeds so may have played a factor.

10. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    It looks like Eubank Jr vs Smith will be moved to the start of the new year and Chris Billum Smith will headline Boxxer's show on December 17th.

VanBasten likes this.
  11. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    Aye just seen that

Astro likes this.
  12. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Not true. It’s agreed for end of Jan.

Billam-Smith in Bournemouth is the Dec 18 Sky show but waiting on opponent

VanBasten likes this.
  13. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Warrington is the week before on the 10th.

14. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    If this was on the same card as Taylor vs Catterall then that may justify ppv.