Chris Eubank Sr vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez At MW

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by sas6789, Sep 17, 2018.

Chris Eubank Sr vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez At MW

1. Eubank By PTS

42.1%
  2. Eubank By KO/TKO

5.3%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Canelo by PTS

47.4%
  5. Canelo by KO/TKO

5.3%
  1. FastHands(beeb)

FastHands(beeb) Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2010
    With all respect, I don't agree with the bolded statement.

To name just a few off the top of my head that I've seen in my lifetime, I think that McLellan, Valdes, Jackson, Hearns, Golovkin, possibly Hagler (Kalambay would include Nunn on this list!) could all hit hard enough to stop Eubank "suddenly", where a single shot or combination hurts Eubank sufficiently for the follow up to stop him.

I believe that there are others who could very likely put enough hurt on Eubank over a longer fight as Watson did & finish the job that Watson couldn't. For example, McCallum, Toney, definitely Hagler, Monzon, prime Briscoe...that's without putting much thought into it.

As an aside I've always thought that the likes of McCallum, Nunn, Kalambay & Toney were a notch above Benn, Eubank and Watson. It seemed to me that during the early 90s (until Benn fought McLellan in fact) that the 3 Brits (& I'm a Brit!) could make good money amongst themselves without the need to risk fighting the likes of McCallum & Toney.

Furthermore, in the late 80s it seemed to me that none of Benn, Watson or Eubank wanted any part of Bomber Graham. As Reg Gutteridge would have said it, Graham was the chairman of the "who needs him" club.

2. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    If Eubank wears a top hat, monocle and tux in the ring then Canelo ko's him.
    If he's in boxing trunks, Canelo wins in a stinker of a fight. Eubank often stopped and posed during fights....I don't believe Canelo would have any fear so he would be the aggressor not just sit on the ropes and counter. It's possible that he Kirklands Eubank during a pose, but more likely does enough to win even in the UK. In Vegas Eubank is behind in the cards during his walk to the ring.

Jay1990 likes this.
  3. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I'll definitely agree with the Graham comment. He was so talented and skillful ,I have him beating all the 90 s clan .

4. Longhhorn71

Longhhorn71 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Eubanks wins. Canelo doesn't have the "firepower" to bother a focused Eubanks.

robert ungurean likes this.