Cintron vs Cotto?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Doomas, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    you definatly never boxed before, even if you sparred you would have known how much balls it takes to get into the ring.

2. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I think Cotto breaks him down or wins a UD. Cotto on another level then Cintron right now.

3. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    It's not Cotto's biggest win that seperates them, it's overall competition. Cotto's steped up a long time before Cintron did. And he'd have beaten Judah regardless of the low blows. It was the pounding to the face and body that beat Judah into submission.

Cintron's still a work in progress. He's not even close to his potential. Now whether he reaches it is another story.

4. joe the great

joe the great Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    How about Williams-Cintron?

5. lyricalmist

lyricalmist Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    i just watched cintron-matthysse (sp.i prob butchered it) on hbo on demand and while that was a great performance by cintron i didnt really see anything but his power that could give cotto problems.

after all, there was only 2 rounds worth to see.

at this point I feel that cotto still beats him as i feel he is a superior fighter with more experience.

cintron still has plenty of time to step up so its not like the possibility of him beating cotto ever is none.

6. markbrooklyn

markbrooklyn Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Ummmm.. I never claimed to have boxed. Is this a boxers forum to write comments or a fans? To me hes a ***** if he can go and dish it to people and knock them out but when the shoe is on the other foot he goes and quits and looks in his corner almost cryin. sorry

7. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Yeah, make the fight happen. Would be great to see O Man just break down. He would just fall apart.

8. Chiko_Tech

Chiko_Tech Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
  9. Danny

Danny Guest

My thinking exactly. Cintron last outnig was a very impressive KO, & I feel Kermit has improved under Manny Steward. However, going in their with Cotto is an entirely different proposition in my view. Cintron may have looked strong, but I doubt he can match Cotto for strength.

As in the majority of Cotto's bouts, his body attack would be a key factor. Miguel knows the importance of a sustained body attack, how effective it can be etc.

It's a fight I'd like to see, actually.

10. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Jeez why would Cintron waste his time against Jessie, I can't take this talk seriously, Jessie will be crushed. Really I'm concerned for his health.:dead

11. pjo479

pjo479 brooklyn brawler Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    would be an interesting fight to say the least ... i think cintron would present alot of problems for cotto just based on his size