Claressa Shields says she is the star of women's boxing over Katie Taylor

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Mar 12, 2020.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Her punches are far slower than Taylor`s, she misses loads too, I don`t know whay you`re talking about.

2. Insomnileptic

Insomnileptic New Member banned Full Member

Feb 21, 2020
    :jaja-no::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You are mentally very unwell.

Because Taylor is clearly the best. Shields is just a loudmouth, we know why you pick her.

mark ant likes this.
  3. PrinceNaseemHamed

PrinceNaseemHamed Walk Like A Champion Full Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Shields is an idiot, a pity Lady Hammer didn’t have it in her to take her out

4. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah, one year is way too lenient, especially for a guy with form for that kind of violence.

Seems to have been disproved as a reliable rule of thumb. Sometimes true, sometimes not. In this case, well, it's a not.

I'd contend that Hammer didn't deserve to be the one to knock Shields down a peg. She's abysmal, the bouts involving her that I've seen were are all risible, risible scenes. And the nickname "Lady Hammer" just makes me think of quaint phrases like "lady parts".

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Taylor got a gift ****boi. We know why you hate shields alt troll. Im very well just a real ***** that dont take **** from ****bois like you online or in person if you dont like it come get all this smoke i stay dangerous 24/7 trust me.;)

6. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    ROFLMAO Pimp is getting macho !!!! Sheilds is very lucky Ann Wolfe had retired she'd have beat the bejabbers out of her & her brother

Insomnileptic likes this.
  7. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    I agree. If her boxing peers, male and female tag her as the best, then I will trust the professionals opinion over a bunch keyboard warriors who can't fight nor ever laced up a pair of gloves.

Pimp C likes this.
  8. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Shields is more proven at the pros and has fought way better competition. Shields beats Marshall now.

9. Insomnileptic

Insomnileptic New Member banned Full Member

Feb 21, 2020
    :lol::lol::lol: You embarrass yourself with every post you make :qmeparto: Your FAKE online hardman ACT is like a comedy sketch show :qmeparto:. Wilder got battered deal with it and get yourself out of this mental health mess you're in!:qmeparto:

mark ant likes this.
  10. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Wtf does wilder have to do with shields you agenda having pos?

11. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    In a way I feel bad for Shields.

Firstly, ALL female weight divisions lack depth, but Shields fights in the heavier divisions which REALLY lack depth.

Taylor fights at 135, which is probably the best weight for a female boxer in terms of having opponents and interesting match ups.

Shields (after her next fight, assuming a win), will have had 11 fights and cleaned out essentially EVERYONE worth fighting between 154-168.

Taylor on the other hand, can fight Serrano in a mega fight, rematch Persoon in a big fight and the ultimate, fighting Brauekhaus at a catch weight.

I'd imagine Braekhaus would much rather fight a small Taylor at a catch weight than fight Shields at 150 or whatever.

12. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    A;right, dummy, take my hand, I'm going to walk you down short-term memory lane...

READ ABOVE. WHERE THE HELL DO I SAY THAT BRÆKHUS IS SIMILAR TO LOMACHENKO STYLISTICALLY? THE POINT IS THE RELATIONSHIP. GET IT? EVER DO BASIC ANALOGIES IN SCHOOL? THING A : THING B :: THING X : THING Y?

Brækhus : all the other women in boxing :: Lomachenko : all the other men in boxing

As in she's quite arguably the most skilled, and in any reasonable top 5 p4p list (if not the #1, depending on the individual making the list). THAT IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM draws a comparison between her and him stylistically. Whether or not Cecilia fights anything like Vasyl has naught to do with the price of tea in China.

Jesus. How are you too dense to understand that? How do you even function in life? I'm serious. Does somebody zip up your pants and tie your shoes for you?

Then after being given a chance to figure that out for yourself, you double the hell down on your stupidity! :mad:

WHO SAID ANY WOMAN IS?!?!?!?!

First of all, nobody was talking about Taylor, but so what if Katie has faster hands than Cece? The latter is more skilled. Just as Taylor in turn is more skilled than Shields (but might lose h2h to her at 154lbs simply because she'd be giving up a lot of brawn and strength against the weight bully).

As for "she misses loads", um, I'm just going to assume that you started to feel stupid and decided to look up some video and decided after like thirty seconds of confirmation bias cruising YouTube that Brækhus' accuracy or general skills weren't up to your very high, sophisticated, informed, discriminating standards. :rolleyes:

If you watched a scientifically significant sampling size of her fights and then contrasted with Taylor, let alone Shields, you'd know damn well how far ahead of the field the First Lady is. That or you just wouldn't recognize boxing skill if you were Hatton'ed into a turnbuckle by it.

Wizbit1013 and CST80 like this.
  13. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Hatton`s punches are sharper and shorter than hers, she looks clumsy and doesn`t know how to set up her shots.

14. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    She benefits from a long jab and active feet moving in and out (like loma) but she moves in a straight line, Taylor has more lateral movement, she is far more skilled than Claressa though.

15. The Sarge

The Sarge Member Full Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Katie Taylor is known World Wide , Shields isnt. Regardless of who is the better boxer, Thats the end of the discussion