CLASSIC FIGHT NIGHT THREAD:Wilder-Fury II

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by McGrain, Nov 15, 2014.

1. thistle

thistle Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I always liked Fury, the man.
    I was not a Fury Fan as a fighter however until the last couple of years - he is certainly a much Improved Fighter now though, no question.

He is still a worry though, he is bigger, stronger and a better boxer, though it still, at times, can appear to be ineffective. That said he is probably favourite... BUT the underlying fear gives cause for doubt. I want Fury to win.

But a Wilder KO would not be a surprise.

2. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    tyson is the epitome of a sportsman who performs to the level of his opponent.

3. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    "The weight is not a problem," Fury said. "273 pounds of pure British beef." WIlder was the much lighter man in their first fight, weighing in at 212.5 pounds. For the rematch, Wilder also came in heavier, weighing at 231 pounds as he stepped on the scales to a cascade of boos from the pro-Fury crowd.

>>Fury is going to be fatter and slower. He's there for the taking. That is if Wilder can hit him. Fury would be much better off at 250.

Wilder put on some weight, and muscle. Not sure if that's is going to help him. He needs speed and stamina, not extra weight.

So Fury is 20 pounds above an ideal weight and Wilder is putting 15 extra pounds on his very skinny legs. Who will be better off? Don't know. Looking forward to this one.

4. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    If they re-matched immediately after the first fight i would have favored Fury. You'd think he'd be the one better off with a couple more fights under his belt given his comeback stage at the time of the first fight but there are huge question marks over his weight and cut. He's a real enigma. I don't think the extra weight will hurt Wilder but there's every chance it could hurt Fury. If Wilder goes with his usual plan of sitting back will Fury tire? Will that hideous cut reopen?

The intangibles now lean toward Wilder. It all depends on how Fury really is. If he is dogging it in any way he is in big trouble. If he's actually in good health and the cut ends up ok it will be a top fight.

5. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Not really liking 273 for Fury. Is he cashing out?

6. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Wish I would have bet the 30/1 odds for Wilder fist round KO almost put a nice bet on it and passed last minute regretting it now

Seamus likes this.
  7. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    The extra 20 Lbs looks to favor Wilder at 6'7 , hes ripped not sure how the extra 20+ lbs fits on Fury 6"9- When the shirt come off and round 1 starts we will have a better idea but never know what's a mind game with Fury
    he's crazy but far from stupid - good promoter - He may try and show his strength inside but Wilder is confident of his power - this may turn out to be a crazy evening 2/22/2020

8. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    It has that feeling this one doesn't it. Any god damn thing could happen. Fury has a fair gut on him. If he's not confident of his cut holding up he could well go hard early. Nothing can be discounted. I do wish however that Fury was coming in with less cloud hanging over him.

9. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    It's certainly a plausible scenario. Fury is wildly unpredictable. If it wasn't Fury i'd be counting him out.

10. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
  11. escudo

escudo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2014
    Fury is a problem historically speaking.

Rock0052 and Fury's Love Handles like this.
  12. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Why hasn't Fury-Joshua happened yet?! It's been nearly 30 minutes now! Come on Eddie Hearn - pull yer finger out!

Webbiano and JohnThomas1 like this.
  13. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Fury looked great - the extra 20 lbs was muscle and his fight plan perfect- like I said he may be CRAZY but he is far from stupid -

14. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    Immense credit to Fury. He's big, smart and quite talented particularly for his size. In the wash Wilder is pretty much what many Classicists believed he was. Not to take credit from Fury, he fought a flawless fight tonight and exposed him as a one trick pony with frailties.

15. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007