Classics forums - hot tips for the future

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by GPater11093, May 9, 2009.

1. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    just say any prospect you think is a good tip for the future and ill add him to the list

The List

Kali Meehan

2. flamengo

flamengo Coool as a Cucumber. Full Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Australian/Kiwi Kali Meehan will be fighting on the undercard of the Val/Chagaev WBA undercard.

Meehans bout is for the WBA #1 contender placing. His oponent is unnamed, big deal.

Hopefully Kali wipes the floor with Mr.? and later dethrowns the POTATO that assumes the WBA H/W mantle after the bout.

3. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 16, 2004
    :lol:

I remember threads (serious ones) like this about poor Kali Meehan ten years ago.

4. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    was that a joke flamengo

5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    This news will go from bad to worse. Meehan should not be rated the #1 contender by the WBA. If Meehan wins his set up fight, the tip I'd offer is he will fight the winner of Chagaev vs Valuev.

The WBA champ should fight the WBC Vitali Klitschko. Now that would be a significant match the fans would want to see.

6. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    which one i think everyone is a WBA champ

7. flamengo

flamengo Coool as a Cucumber. Full Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Mendoza... Thats what I was leading to in the post. Meehan will be fighting for the #1 WBA H/W spot. After the two Potatos, being Val and Chag fight, Meehan will have a right to contend for the WBA title..... assuming he first wins his upcoming fix!!

8. TIGEREDGE

TIGEREDGE Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    the ukrainian lomechenko is the hottest property at the moment. when is he turning pro

Saintpat and BitPlayerVesti like this.
  9. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Lomechenko was the best boxer in the Olympic games, Yes-- He should turn pro.

10. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Fernando Guerrero- I recently moved and now live just outside of salisbury MD. I have watched this local fighter 3 X's and have been very impressed so far. I am not sure that he will ever achieve elite status, but believ his name is working up the national ladder and will be poised for an attempt (If all goes well) at high level matches in the not to distant future! He also has a younger brother (I believe mario????) who just won his first round match in Vegas, for the Golden Gloves championship.

This content is protected
    +
    +
    = 13
    rounds boxed 38 : KO% 84.62
    Here is a write up from espn:
    Prize Fight has a budding sensation in Guerrero -- a talented, crowd-pleasing southpaw originally from the Dominican Republic who has a rabid following in his longtime adopted hometown of Salisbury, Md. After a standout amateur career, including a national Golden Gloves title, Guerrero turned pro in December '08 under the tutelage of trainer Barry Hunter. Since then, he's kept a torrid schedule. Guerrero gets outstanding gym work, sparring with Paul Williams and Hunter-trained brothers Lamont and Anthony Peterson.

11. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    This thread needs some predictions, here goes, balls on the line:

Amir Khan will come good, be WBA 140lb champ and beat Hatton and be a top champion but avoid other top fighters before eventually falling short at the very top

Joan Guzman if he gets his chance will expose a top champ (would have beat Campbell EASY)

Chad Dawson may become a great

Gamboa and JuanMa will be greats

Haye will beat both Klitboys (picked Wlad before but have a feeling Haye's going to take them both)

Either David Price or Tyson Fury will be HW Champs in 5years time.

Williams will become a MW Champ making him a 3weight champ and on his way to greatness

I picked Pacquaio to be top5 P4P after the Morales loss and everyone laughed at me (although I did pick Taylor to be a top dog too) I was mainly going off age then though

However:

Kali Meehan will be what he is a decent top30 gatekeeper to the HW division

12. Beeston Brawler

Beeston Brawler Comical Ali-egedly Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Sorry to burst your bubble.... but the WBA have already announced that Ruiz will be the mandatory for the title.

13. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    A bit heavy on British success here. Haye will be iced by Wlad. With his defense, lack of punch resistance, and virtually no experience vs top heavies, he has nothing but an early puncher's chance.

Fury is impressive, but I want to see how he reacts to a guy that won't crumble early. Price will never make it past a good gatekeeper. He can't take a punch, and he fights a bit stiff.

Kahn will be neither great nor a bust.

Williams is your best pick for the risk. He might be middle champ.

DJN16 and BitPlayerVesti like this.
  14. TheGreatA

TheGreatA Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2009
    BitPlayerVesti likes this.
  15. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I thought Wlad would beat Haye too but I've got a feeling the younger man. I don't think Haye only has a punchers chance. He has speed, athleticism, reactions, good timing and is a natural puncher.

Fury and Price might both come to nothing but in today's division, fast fluid young 6'7 HWs that put together combinations could go far. Especially as the Klits and Haye won't be around in 5years. Plus Brit fighters are kept away from real harm until their ready for it usually and get fights on their own terms.

Khan will be a titlist, he is very talented and a hard worker. Plus he'll get fights on his own terms at the right times. Not saying he'll be great but he'll do better than many people think