Cleanest Fighters

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by steve21, Dec 25, 2019.

1. klompton2

klompton2 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    To expand on this: When Patterson fought Terry Daniels in Cleveland he dropped him and amazingly he immediately leapt in to pick him up. He could have easily knocked him out but the gentleman of the prize ring was more concerned for his opponent than for getting an easy stoppage. The fight continued to a 10 rd decision.

2. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I'm not a huge fan but Pacquiao was not much of a fouler unless your discussing peds

George Crowcroft and JC40 like this.
  3. JC40

JC40 Boxing fan since 1972 banned Full Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Most of the great ones have a bag of dirty tricks they can delve into when needed.

Floyd Patterson is a great pick as is Arguello. Both these guys fought without malice or .

Joe Frazier and Joe Louis were both clean fighters as a rule but both of them could occasionally stray low. Frazier in Manila and Louis in the first Schmeling fight ( Louis also hit Max in the kidneys and back in the rematch. ) Frazier showed a lot of class ( and mercy ) in that incident vs Bugner.

I always thought Shane Mosely and Oscar De La Hoya were pretty clean fighters. Oscar's only illegal trick was to use the shoulder to bump an opponent off balance and then hit him with a left hook. He did this against Ruelas. Shane was a very fair fighter. As someone said Pacquiao is also a fighter I have never equated with ze dirt. Manny always gives the impression of being a happy warrior in the ring.

Cheers All.

4. red cobra

red cobra VIP Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    You beat me to it...hated and revilked by all the know-nothing BOZO's of this forum....you BOZO's know who you are too lol. Monzon saw poor Tony Licata floundering badly during their bout...a few times too,...and never resorted to a cheap shot,...rather, letting him gather himself.

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  5. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    He hit Bob Pastor in the nuts, said so himself.

6. Vockerman

Vockerman LightJunior SuperFlyweigt Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Oh how about Fritzie Zivic :) LOL

janitor likes this.
  7. koki_kameda

koki_kameda Koki Kameda Full Member

Apr 29, 2007
  8. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    :risas3: