Clenelo Wants To Fight 12/19 — 3 Week Training Camp For Opponent? LOL!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pakkuman, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    So you agree that 3 weeks isn't enough because it isn't.

:lol:

eltirado likes this.
  2. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    No I think if you train year round it isn’t that bad, but it’s obvious canelo wants this guy undertrained. If you don’t train year round 3 weeks isn’t anywhere near enough time to train.

eltirado likes this.
  3. 11player

11player Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Canelo was trying to face Yildrim for the WBC title, there was even a purse bid called and suspended .

I imagine they have kept in negotiations and both training on some level.

Expect Canelo vs Yildrim on december 19th.

eltirado likes this.
  4. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    I'm saying if there is a fighter with the balls to take a short notice fight I'd be more than happy to watch and no boxing fans should be whining about it

Either you have a serious reading comprehension issue or you just like to argue

eltirado likes this.
  5. Richmondpete

Oct 22, 2015
    James toney fought about every 7 weeks for the first 5 years of his career. I'm pretty sure he wasn't starting his next camp the day after a fight so explain that

6. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Wow, dude. Early in a fighter's career, he's fighting bums and tomato cans to gain experience/pad his record. Those fights don't necessitate full training camps and happen monthly and sometimes biweekly. Look at Clenelo's first 30 fights. His 20th fight was against someone with a record of 5-17-2.

Toney fought a guy w/ a record of 13-29-8 in 2001.

Are you for real, guy?

:risas3:

7. Richmondpete

Oct 22, 2015
    You are argumentive and annoying now. Your also untruthful

Look at how often he fought leading up to Michael Nunn, a fight he took on as a short notice replacement. This is the mindset a Caleb plant should have especially being the physically bigger man

Try again junior

8. chatty

chatty Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I think they haggled a bit but the fight was confirmed and abbounced on DAZN for May 5th.

SpeedKills likes this.
  9. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    #6 WBA 15-0-0-0 (KO 15) Edgar Berlanga?

10. Richmondpete

Oct 22, 2015
    I'll take it

eltirado likes this.
  11. MrFoFody

MrFoFody Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Duhaupas put down his 3 chilli dogs & pint of brew, waddled down the stands and had a 10 minute training camp before being KTFO by Potvekin.
    Its considered one of Potvekins best wins on here by the forum fanboys...

12. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Is that you Donald?

13. theXshape

theXshape Active Member Full Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Doesn't require any explaining. I simply don't care. If you are a serious boxer I expect you to keep in shape, train, have a couple sessions of sparring once in a while and have a team ready for when an opportunity arises. Guys like GGG keep training all year round. You don't even need a game plan to beat Canelo because you will lose on the scorecards anyway.

The guy wants to get in the ring and fight someone, and if someone is willing to step up to the challenge and the opportunity of a lifetime then great.

What have we got to lose ? If I was a boxer and was lucky/talented enough to end up being lined up for a title shot against the golden goose of the sport, I sure as hell wouldn't say no. Boxers are in it for the money, and if they're not, they just aren't smart enough.

14. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    No but he was very active in the gym and always in shape.

Mike Tyson was too. At the very beginning. At that stage these guys have nothing else to do apart from gym and home.

eltirado likes this.
  15. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Edgar Berlanga, its a win-win fight for Canelo. Most boxing fans accuse him of being the pet of Oscar De La Hoya, Edgar Berlanag will come in as favorite to KO1 the smaller Canelo, but if Canelo makes it past the first round, its a moral victory. Anything more is Greatness, Edgar Berlanga is too macho to turn-down a Canelo offer even if its just 3 weeks