Cleto Reyes Vs Grant gloves

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Andre, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Andre

Andre BAD INTENTIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Full Member

May 3, 2006
    Im thinking of saving up for either one of these two gloves (sparring gloves) but am undecided on which gloves i should get. I hear Reyes are a punchers type glove, while Grant are an overall good balance of everything. Anyone own a pair of these gloves, if so what are your opinions? Pros and cons etc.

2. gutto

gutto Guest

Go with the reyes dident think much to the grants

3. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    I love my Grants, never used Cleto Reyes.

4. MGUNZ48

MGUNZ48 MGunz Full Member

Mar 18, 2008
    I always liked the Reyes Gloves best, but they are stiff and have a different feel to them. To me they are the punchers glove, they just seem harder? Grants are too soft for me. Plus the Reyes gloves seem to last longer in the gym.

5. joekirkbycobra

joekirkbycobra King Of The Ring Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    tried them both and i fell in love with reyes but theres not much in it

6. Ai9184

Ai9184 Member Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    ive used reyes before i dont see wuts so special about them never tryed grants tho

7. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
  8. Ai9184

Ai9184 Member Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    no i didnt vote but i have used reyes ive sparred with 16s and they seemed to big for my hands and a little denser/harder then my IMF tech gloves thats only thing ive noticed

9. boxing4life

boxing4life Now or Never Full Member

Nov 26, 2006
    thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard on this training forum! are you retarted? Reyes gloves fall apart alot faster than grants. And grants are not soft, atleast not the pro training gloves. Please dont post while you are blown out of your mind:good

10. skipdog

skipdog Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2007
    My second pair of Everlast pro training gloves are just about punched through.. i use them for everything though, so not surprised.. Ive tried Grant and Reyes, like the Grans slighltly better.. That will be my next pair. I want to get those to spar with, and something else for bags and mitts, maybe 16 oz. bag gloves.. So they do not break down so fast... Really liking the Grans though. Evs are nice when new, but seem to wear out pretty quick...

11. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    sorry, i read your post wrong, i thought you wrote that you 'haven't' used the reyes.

12. Quik

Quik Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2007
  13. spanner

spanner New Member Full Member

Dec 30, 2007
    I cant split them they are both quality gloves. I use grants others use Reyes and they (Reyes) look just as good. I had my mind on Reyes for a long time but went for the grants for no other reason than they looked better not quality or any thing they just looked and fitted better for me. as for whats softer, harder or a better fit its a personal thing.

what ever the choice you cant go wrong.

14. MGUNZ48

MGUNZ48 MGunz Full Member

Mar 18, 2008
    The stupidest thing you ever heard posted ? I'm ******ed? Wow? that says allot considering some of the nosense I've heard on here before. I only speak to which I have personal experience. We had a pair of Reyes training gloves that were used for sparring in my club, and they were still going strong years later, as many other types (including Grants) were worn out. The Grants I've used feel softer to me, god knows I have have hit with enough of both.
    I have to say you must be an amazing person, as you know more about what I have seen with my own eyes, than I do? How old are you jackass, 13?

15. Iceveins

Iceveins Puglistic Linguistics Full Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Yesterday this green amateur kid who I have been giving some sparring to came to the gym excited about these new Reyes gloves he just bought. They were 10 ounces which are not gloves you spar with (Pro-style 10oz gloves nonetheless)... but I didn't say nothing cuz he's still new, albeit wild and throws lots of punches.

I'll tell u this much...Them ****in gloves felt like BARE FISTS. When I got hit, it almost felt like he wasn't wearing gloves at all. Don't think I can let those gloves fly the next time we work.

In any case, I never sparred against someone wearing Grant nor have I worn Grant so I can't attest to them. But if you're gonna be using them for sparring, I'm sure most if not all trainers would have problems with you sparring their guys with anything other than 16oz.