Colin Lynes vs. Young Mutley

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Amsterdam, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Top Dog

Top Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    I have to agree with you, I think Mutley will stop Lynes also, I'll maybe even put a wee bet on if the odds are good, it'll be interesting to see who the bookies have as favourite?:huh
    Would like to see Mut v Olusgen, could be a good slugfest:thumbsup I dont see Mut bottling out of the fight, with proper preparation I think Mut gives just about anyone a good fight, and a good scalp for your man if he beats him:good

2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Yeah Top Dog, Young Muttley is a capable lad who I believe has been avoided by some people as well. I think it is to your man Anderson credit that he fought him and what a tough battle that was until Anderson got the late TKO coming off the canvas.

I am now at the stage where I really don't care about the Lenny Daws, Colin Lynes and Ted Bami's getting in there with Ajose because they never will as has been shown many a time.
    Muttley I believe will and for my money is a better fighter than the other English Light Welterweights. He would be another solid scalp for Ajose Olusegun. I doubt David Barnes would step in with Ajose having got his nightmare a few year back against Joshua Okine and he was in Nuumbembee's corner when Ajose stopped him as well.

Top Dog I saw Anderson beat Magee rather easily in my view. What are the plans for him? Is it a Nuumbembee rematch or Matthew Hatton. I think he beats Matthew Hatton who I think has improved as well. Who is the European champion and has Ando got him in sight.?

3. Top Dog

Top Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Anderson is meant to be fighting in Sept I hear, not 100% sure who it is against, there are a couple of names kicking about. The European guy is Bonsu, seemingly a very tough guy, very heavy handed although he looks a bit rough round the edges, do you know him?
    I believe that Mut would be up for taking on Ajose, he doesnt seem the type to avoid fighters, there are only a few of these types of guys around, sadly. I think it would be an absolute ******* of a fight if your man took him on, as long as Ajose didnt under-estimate Mut, and get caught with a stupid shot he could out-work Mut in the end. But would love to see it. When is Ajose back on again?

4. RichDam

RichDam Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    British boxing really needs Young Mutley to win tonight. I was impressed with Lynes' display against Morrison, but he hasn't got the excitement value of Mutley. Young Mutley also hasn't had many breaks in his career and it would be great to seem take a half decent scalp like Lynes. I fear Lynes might eke out a points decision though.

Mutley I think would be willing to fight Ajose in what would be a very exciting fight. Would have to give Ajose the edge though as he seems the more rounded fighter. Really looking forward to seeing Olusegun fight again. Come on Olu when is it going to be?????

5. UndisputedUK

UndisputedUK Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 20, 2006
    If Mutley wins it should be a WBC title challenge against Witter, should he beat Harris! :good

6. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I think Lynes will out box Muttly and win easy unless muttly can bang him out.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Rich Dam and Top Dog

Nothing has been signed yet and as you know we are at the end of the season. We are expecting Ajose to fight again in September/October hopefully against the winner of Muttley versus Lynes assuming it is Muttley or a fighter in the WBC top 10 ratings the division. I say this because I know for a fact Lynes will never step in with Ajose. If Muttley and Ajose fight then the winner can fight the winner of Witter and Harris. I hope Witter wins but I think he is under threat against Harris? What do you think?

We are watching Young Muttley tonight with interest and hope he wins then we can match the current European and British champion against the current Commonwealth champion.

As you know I would favour Ajose strongly over Muttley who I also rate highly. I agree Muttley is not the type to duck a challenge. I think the difference between them is that between a good fighter and a special fighter. Another factor is that the better the fighter you put in front of Ajose the better he performs.

Ajose is not the type to underestimate any fighter hence he prepares properly. As you know he has had to take on many fights at late notice against bigger men in higher weight divisions and keeps winning because he keeps working at his craft and stays in shape as a true professional unlike another bloke in Manchester.

Lynes will try to move and eke out a decision but I feel Muttley can outbox and definitely outpunch him

8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I have not seen Bonsu fight but I have heard that he is physically strong and heavy handed.

9. RichDam

Apr 26, 2006
    Cheers Olu. Was a shame the site got changed so soon after his last fight as didn't really get to discuss the Gary Reid fight.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Yes it was. Shame. How did you find the fight. I thought Ajose was dominant and thoroughly outboxed and outpunched a well conditioned Reid who for once was given the time to prepare properly. How Reid survived round 9 was almost beyond belief so he deserves credit. Interestingly Reid said in the post fight interview that Ajose was the best fighter he had faced, a real world class operator.

11. RichDam

Apr 26, 2006
    I was impressed by Ajose. I thought his handspeed and foot movement was excellent. I did feel that he was desperately trying to get a stoppage for the Sky cameras, but that was understandable. Did he feel under pressure to put on a show because he was topping the bill on Sky?? Despite what Jim Watt and others have said, I wasn't upset by the showboating. Boxing is supposed to be entertainment after all.

My only slight concern was some of the looping shots that he was throwing, which may have exposed him to counter shots when he faces higher quality opponents. But overall I really enjoyed the fight and am looking forward to seeing him again.

12. PolishPummler

PolishPummler Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2005
    There's only one good fighter on that card.

See my avatar and sig!!!!

13. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Thanks RichDam for your kind words and encouragement. I agree that the Sky commentary went a bit over the top.

Ajose only gave himself 5 out of 10 for the performance believing it was average by his own standards. I think he did a good job and gave a boxing clinic. Can he fight much better he most certainly has and can. Personally I was glad it went 12 rounds as Ajose had not gone the full 12 rounds since he won the African title so that was good. More important was how he did it which was excellent.

I think Ajose variety is exceptional. Did you notice how he mixed his attack from the head to the body and basically body sntached Gary Reid who is meant to be a good body puncher. The worrying thing for his future opponents is that he had some niggly injuries going into the fight. Imagine just how much better he can and will be.

14. Tuavale

Tuavale Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2007
    This content is protected

15. edster

edster Member Full Member

Feb 6, 2007
    cheers - how was the fight going before stoppage?