Colorized Fights! Make it happen!

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by BoxingPurest, Mar 15, 2019.

1. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Colorization is a grueling frame by frame process.
    The equipment is cheap. Time is the cost.

I strongly believe we will have automated colorization tools conservatively within the next decade.
    And I don't want to spin my wheels grinding out a video that will soon take 1% the time to create.
    I am a bit antsy to just do it manually because I want to see it as much if not more than the next person, but the cost is pretty high.

2. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Why I never! Some of the best fights I've ever seen have been black and white!

This content is protected

3. Russell

Apr 1, 2007

roughdiamond likes this.
  4. Russell

Apr 1, 2007
    I don't think I can be friends with you guys anymore.

roughdiamond likes this.
  5. BitPlayerVesti

BitPlayerVesti Boxing Drunkie Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    True, but IMO seeing them in colour makes it all more vivid.

https://streamable.com/d62r7

BoxingPurest and escudo like this.
  6. Pat M

Pat M Active Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2017
    black and white footage looks good with good fighters. The technique, skills, and movement are either there or they are not. This is a good one!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    roughdiamond likes this.
  7. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    imagine it in colour though, Russell. COLOUR.

Seriously though that would be amazing.

George Crowcroft and Russell like this.
  8. KasimirKid

KasimirKid Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 1, 2018
    Reznik, I made the unpardonable mistake of being lazy and relying on my faulty memory. I apologize for confusing your work with the Ike William compilation which was done by someone with the youtube handle of haNZAgod .

9. downgoeslyle

downgoeslyle Member Full Member

Dec 28, 2014
    Considering what Peter Jackson done with the WW1 films it could be amazing. ESPN and Steve Lott should be the ones to bankroll it.

reznick and BoxingPurest like this.
  10. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    I made a post about the colorization if fights a few months ago. The best idea I came up with was using college majors to colorize the fights as projects (those in the field of film). It would be free...but we would need boxing fans in the right places lol

BoxingPurest likes this.
  11. BoxingPurest

BoxingPurest Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2019
    yes sir think you for what you have done so far hope that tech comes out sooner than later. But, if anyone is qualified to answer the question it would certainly be you! Thank you for your video's love em!

12. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Can we go back and colorize Dempsey’s reign so he fights them guys he was ducking?

Rope-a-Dope and escudo like this.
  13. BoxingPurest

Mar 6, 2019
    Hey i'm for it maybe not a bad idea?

Gazelle Punch likes this.
  14. BoxingPurest

Mar 6, 2019
    Man i've never seen that clip like that in such good quality with the time correct and color wow!! That was awesome! thank you for sharing that

BitPlayerVesti likes this.
  15. billy smith

billy smith Member Full Member

Jul 17, 2015
    if your talking The Dempsey one. Reznick did not do them. actuality they were done by the Smithsonian at enormous expense. i was the on who cut those clips out which Reznick later used and pasted his name all over it. i thought about doing that before i ever posted it. but then i thought thats what people with no talent do. the only thing Reznick does plagiarize pinches other peoples work Colorizing black and white is done frame by fame extremely labor extensive. There are some applications like "colorization of b/w movies" out there but because of the inherent flaws in not only in older film but in the proper colors in the proper places. frame by frame. your talking around 20 to 25 fps to give the illusion of motion.. it be nice there was an app that would do it. there are but they are flawed and buggy. especially dealing with older grainy films stocks. takes a bunch of experts to do a competant job