Comparing Resumes-calzaghe/hamed

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Boro chris, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I've picked two Brits rather than a brit and an american to avoid any nationalism.(its pretty rife on the general forum at the moment)
    I'd like fresh perspectives and thought these two would be interesting candidates. Naz because most people seem to judge him off the MAB fight and Joe because he's often accused of fighting nobodies.
    Who's is better and why?
    Cheers!:good

2. garymcfall

garymcfall Well-Known Member Full Member

May 19, 2007
    Talent Wise, Naz was better but Calzaghe has accomplished more so his resume is better.

Now Calzaghe has Lacy and Kessler on his resume it makes it far superior to Naz's.

3. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    No. Hamed has brilliant power. But Calzaghe is faster, more co-ordinated, better looking by far, better chin, better fitness. Better mental talent. Better skills. Better reflexes. Just better in every concievable way apart from power.

4. Robbi

Robbi Marvelous Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Better looking. :yikes

5. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    :rofl
    Thanks for the responses! My own personal opinion is that Joe is the more talented fighter. And CHJ is right about his superior mental strength imo. But I do think that at the moment Naz has the more consistent resume although it may not reach some of Joe's career highs. (Namely Kessler, although that victory might be lessened if the rest of MK's career is a disapointment)

Wins over-
    Kelly
    Robinson
    Bungu
    Ingle
    Vasquez
    Medina
    Johnson
    Not great fighters but all very decent.