Confirmation by Frank Warren Usyk ducked Tyson Fury, reveals emails, talks numbers

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Quickeyg, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Spot on. I don't see the hype with Wazza's shows.

The ones with Fury have been awful, his other heavy is 89 and boring, what else has he got? I said this year would be rough for him and it's looking like i am right.

2. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Sugar Hill always downplays everything to the press, acting like he knows nothing. He would have been over for Okolie anyway this week. But he was up in Morecambe with him, so imo he was training Fury.

3. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Boxing Social interview with Johnny Nelson sums this whole saga up perfectly. Eddie Hearn got it right too. It’s a shame for boxing. Blaming Usyk is just pathetic. Everyone sees through it. It’s embarrassing.

4. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Really really really don't care. Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    I pay no attention to company men like Nelson, Bellew, Froch, Crolla, Fearon in what they say, they have their own agenda who are affiliated with that ruddy idiot organisation. Boxing is boxing, boxing will never end. We will gets great fights in the near future. They could end up in Saudi for mega money.

FuryisGOAT likes this.
  5. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    They're usually awful, the only 3 shows I've been excited for in the last 5 years was Parker Ryder....look how that went down & Joyce Dubois which had the anticlimax ending & the only 1 which lived up and beyond expectations was Yarde Beterbiev.

The only good reputation he has left is making the Fury Usyk fight and then getting JJ to fight the winner.....that's it.

All his other fighters aren't worth talking about....there are 4 different promotional fights on tonight and the BT card is by far the worst.

Scissors and Brixton Bomber like this.
  6. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Sugar is a wanker. He comes across as such a smarmy bloke.

Punchdrunk1 and BXNG101 like this.
  7. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Spot on. Peeps still think hes the saviour of british boxing!!

8. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    He does. Don't see how more people haven't spotted this.

9. bobbobbington

bobbobbington New Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2021
    Riddle me this. On the one hand, Warren spent weeks saying if Usyk does not take his 30% for fighting Fury there no other paydays for him (Frank even mentioned Martin Bakole). Now he telling us Usyk is off to Saudi to fight Wilder. He clearly the A side in that fight, Saudi's pay even 40% of the site fee they paid for his last fight and he can probably beat what he was offered for the Fury fight. Tyson is marketable but everyone knows Tyson last PPV against Chisora bombed. He can't sell a fight on his own- he needs the right dance partner. The AJ fight is not happening, so were the money fights to rival Uysk for Tyson? Money wise who really needs who and who is really the a-side?

Gareth Priest likes this.
  10. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    He's not a patch on his uncle.

11. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I'd imagine the Joyce vs Fury fight will sell well. If Fury doesn't take that fight next he clearly has no belief in beating any serious fighter ever again. Joyce is deserving of a shot but he's talior made for Fury to easily beat. Style wise he's basically like a taller, slower and easier to hit version of Chisora. Much better power than Chisora but I don't see him being able to land much on Fury.

12. bobbobbington

bobbobbington New Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2021
    Yes that a decent shout. It feels like a big British fight- do well in UK market but no real international interest? I less certain how the fight actually goes. The old Fury, the Peter Fury style mover/ boxer handles Joyce easily. But if Fury tries to hold his feet more, Sugar Hill era, I think maybe he struggles to keep Joyce of his for 12 rounds. One thing, everyone goes on about Fury stamina but for me it looks good because he able to control the pace. If Joyce can force Fury to work at a rate he uncomfortable with it be interesting to see how good it actually is.

13. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Joyce fight will sell pretty well. But 600K UK PPV and 50K tickets will not get Fury what in his head he should be getting paid. It gets you 10-15m, not 60-70m

Punchdrunk1 likes this.
  14. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    His stamina is very good. I don’t see Joyce making him particularly uncomfortable.

15. 08Horacio08

08Horacio08 Member banned Full Member

Jan 20, 2023
    Let’s be honest fury does deserve top dolla he’s a superstar and will go down in sporting history he’s well above the rest so I can see where he’s coming from. He’s got the talent style excitement charisma humour everything he brings in the fans