CONFIRMED - Matchroom leaves Sky Sports for DAZN

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Jurgen, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Well in theory it should mean better cards can be put together and should mean that Matchroom have funds to make fights between UK and international fighters.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Hearn throw a lot of money at KSI to fight someone.

Jake Paul drew 1.5 mil ppv buys at the weekend. These youtube fighters have rabbid fanbases that are quite happy to pay to watch them fight.

2. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I got the DAZN app on my Smart TV when on Sky+... since upgraded the past couple of months to SKY Q and it is still there.

Jurgen likes this.
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Got it on the TV Apps no problem but would be much better if it could be accessed via the Sky Q Apps.

Oreet Cha! likes this.
  4. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Eh Day has declared huge sums of money so surely the pony cards must stop now.

5. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I predict Metcalfe v Eggington saving a PPV in the future

rezzer and Jurgen like this.
  6. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    You'd hope so but he'll probably use the old "I need to pay these guys what they are worth to fight." So end up with crap cards again after a few good months to get the subscribers.

Gatekeeper and Jurgen like this.
  7. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    MMA is essentially promoted by a single promoter. This alone eliminates most current problems with boxing while adding new ones. The MMA format for boxing would be better for fans but possibly worse for the fighters.

8. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    It will be hard for DAZN but let's be honest they have much deeper reserves and knowhow and presence than boxnation had, so have a chance. Will it just be boxing or will it show some other sports in UK? I think the latter to be honest.

9. kevin-novice

kevin-novice Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2016
    So will dazn be available on sky or virgin?

10. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    It will have to be your assume. I have to watch it on the IPad at the moment, isn’t what you want to be watching a fight on

11. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    The DAZN App is available on most Smart TVs but would be much easier all round if it was on an actual Sky Channel or at least on the SKY Q Apps list.

12. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I cannot have that it isn't just a money laundering vehicle. They have spat money at a wall in the US.

13. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    What kind of TV have you got? You should be able to atleast hook your ipad up.

tee_birch likes this.
  14. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    The deal offered by DAZN is around four or five times what Sky were offering last contract so you’d hope the Saturday Fight Nights would improve in quality. Emphasis on the word “hope”.

No word from Hearn or Sky on these reports yet.

Gatekeeper and Jurgen like this.
  15. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    as has been pointed out most casuals would only know there is a fight on cos of sky sports news, without that DAZN will have hardly anyone watching. doesn't seem particularly viable.

Gatekeeper likes this.