Congrats to Victor Emilio Ramírez

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Sep 20, 2015.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    El Tyson del Abasto was named full, regular IBF champ @ cruiser on Friday. He became interim champ when he beat up Olawale Afolabi in April, with the winner intended to unify immediately with long-sidelined and injury-hampered regular champ Yoan Pablo Hernandez. Ramírez vs. Hernandez was set for October 2nd, but YPH was injured yet again, withdrawing and forcing the IBF to strip him and elevate Ramírez.

The bull-strong Argentinian has paid his dues and worked hard for this, and while you'd always rather see a fully recognized champion earn that status by defeating his predecessor (as would have occurred IMO had Ramírez vs. Hernandez come off as planned next week) but at the end of the day, any fans of the CW division have to just be happy for VER and glad the YPH era is over. The belt was held too long hostage, the erstwhile champ having fought just once in two years' time and having received a couple of iffy decisions before that. Fair is fair and enough is enough. Hernandez was supposed to defend against Ola Afolabi in December 14th but withdrew, and was given a very fair initial eight month deadline to sign to fight the Ramírez vs. Afolabi winner, and did so a month past that deadline only to end up withdrawing again. :roll:

Ramírez will still defend the belt on the same date, at home in Buenos Aires, before possibly traveling overseas for a 2nd defense just two months later in the backyard of IBF #8 Tony Bellew, as the co-feature to Anthony Joshua vs. Dillian Whyte on December 12th.

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I think mean afraid he'd get his glass jawed shattered regular champ Yoan Pablo Hernandez.:yep

3. Boxing Prospect

Boxing Prospect Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 10, 2012
    Yoan dodged a bullet...sounds like he's defending against Ovil McKenzie, could quickly become a Brit killer!

4. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    YPH is a joke, about time he was stripped.... He's held the CW division back for years.

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I'd be shocked if McKenzie or Bellew went the distance with Ramirez.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ...and Ramirez is a breath of fresh air for a replacement. This guy won't duck anyone or play any games. He strikes me as the sort to fight through (and not even disclose) an injury.

7. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Agreed. He's a real throwback. It's looking like the CW division will finally begin living up to his full potential. About god damn time!

8. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Bellew would be a nice fight, you know a sacrificial lamb to help generate buzz for a criminally underrated talent. :D

9. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    He also strikes me as a guy who will take Ryabinsky's $$ offer and come to Russia to face Lebedev or Chakhkiev :yep (unlike ***** Huck)

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ...or unify with Huck's conqueror, Głowacki. (that's a great fight)

11. Leoh

Leoh Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Hearns has said the Joshua vs Whyte undercard will be monstrous. Ramirez vs Bellew will fit in there nicely. If they can get at least one more fight of this caliber, it will be one huge event in London. Smith vs Fielding would be a great addition but it's set up for Nov.

12. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Who was the last CW champ from Argentina? Marcelo Dominguez perhaps? I used to quite like him.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    :good

I look forward to not paying for it, being American. :happy

14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Anytime I get to see Bellew put on his ass is a good time. And Ramirez deserves it.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    It would also be great if he did it faster than Stevenson, just to bring the hype down a peg or two.