Congratulations Ian Napa!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by The Hitman, Jul 6, 2007.

1. The Hitman

The Hitman Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Finally Ian Napa has won a championship, after a close but well-deserved decision over Jason Booth. After all the close fights he has been on the wrong-end of, and all the times he's had to give up size and strength to his opponent, it was so great to finally see him triumph and bring home a belt. Nice one Napa :happy

Also, Mark Thompson despite his eventual loss, contested a great war with Vincent Vuma and more than held his own before the stoppage. With some more experience under his belt, the bravery he displayed tonight should stand him in good stead against domestic opposition.

2. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I didn't see the fight but Napa def. deserves a title for all the effort he's put in over the years.

3. nulty

nulty Guest

Nice one Ian. Well deserved.

4. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Napa reminds me of James Toney with that shoulder roll.

5. nulty

nulty Guest

No James only has prime cuts on his rolls.

6. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Yup, Napa has some very underrated skills. Im happy as larry to see him get his hands on the british title finally, cos I hve seen him on the end of some utterly awful decisions in the past.

I didnt see the fight myself as I dont have SKY, & didnt go up to my friends house to watch the fight as I thought it would be the usual distance fight, with Napa being robbed. Im happy I was wrong about the outcome though.

Best wishes to napa for the future, until he fights a scot that is;)

7. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Napa has some chin too, only Culshaw ever KO'ed him!

Booth only landed because he had workrate but Napa's body shots were tiring him out.

8. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Good fight and Napa deserves the title but booth looks shot.

The mark thompson v vuma fight was great and in few years time we may see thompson fighting good at domestic level. some battering he took, great bodshot though.

9. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    napa has a great technical ability

10. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    when was it? i was walking down the street in richmond with my girlfriend and saw it in on an office plasma widescreen....good night out

11. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    good performance from napa - well done