Conlan vs Ruiz

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Aug 3, 2019.

1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010

I’ll tell you what leaves a bad taste in MY mouth...posts like this! And the idiots who smash the like button for them! Yes of course Conlan is misguided in his support for terrorists. But if the “majority of right thinking people “ as you call them (couch potatoes and keyboard warrior more like) did a bit more to get up off their arses and end the corruption and crookery on this island then maybe the easily led, the misguided, the just plain stupid .. like Mickey C ...wouldn’t be driven into the arms of the terrorists. Ever think about that angle Einstein? At least Mickey C cares passionately ...albeit misguidedly...about his country. What do YOU stand for? What are YOU doing to achieve change?

(Same to Williams smudge Juergen etc etc too)!!!

As for his performance in the ring, I’m still not convinced about Mickey C. I’m doubting he is going anywhere at top level.

2. williams7383

williams7383 TKO 6 Klit Lickers Full Member

Jun 15, 2009
    My hatred towards the IRA and their followers comes from my friends sister being blown up so badly by the IRA in the Birmingham pub bombings that she could only be identified by her fingertips. 21 Brummies on a night out blown to bits, with the bombers still walking free. I feel justified in wishing splintered bones on the faces of their supporters

Smudge_, Clarkey, hammertime and 3 others like this.
  3. Blah

Blah Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2016
    I usually don’t bite where you’re concerned, as you strike me as a Mary contrary for the attention. I’ve no idea why you trot out petty guff like Einstein, couch potatoes & keyboard warriors either. Are you 8 years old? By your own admission, you’ve no idea where I stand or what I do and neither element of my life has any place on a boxing forum.

Everyone in life has a choice to make. By all standards, Mick C has had a better stab at it than most. He’s represented his country at two Olympics, travelled the world, trained with world class trainers and since he turned pro, made a decent crust from it. So maybe you can explain how someone who’s had that chance at life has suffered from ‘the corruption and crookery on this island’ ends up ‘driven into the arms of terrorists’. And don’t make it about anyone else, as this post was about Mick Conlan and his antics.

Or in fact, don’t, cos I won’t see it. I’m sticking you on mute cos I’ve wasted enough time on you.

Have a pleasant day.

Smudge_ and stittyb like this.
  4. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    To not answer that chaps question after all his keyboard work would be rude. So:
    Mick C suffered from Irish corruption as follows:
    Zaur antia knew the fix was in in advance at Rio. ( the Russian crew told him) But the suits ..pat hickey of The Olympic council of Ireland etc were uncontactable...too busy in luxury suites in 5* hotels in rio etc at our ..Irish taxpayers expense...so nothing was done. I call that corruption....and Mick lost out because of it. Pretty straightforward really.
    Fact.

(For a fellow who doesn’t bite he took an awful big mouthfull..;) )

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  5. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The guy has already made a good crust from boxthing, is 27 years of age and decided to have IRA music for his ring entrance - there really is no defence for that mate.

Smudge_, Clarkey, Snowy1989 and 3 others like this.
  6. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    A chance to see Mick’s epic entrance again. Rousing stuff. Mind you the music was a bit offensive...I mean come on! The chilli peppers??? :)

[url]http://www.irish-boxing.com/relive-epic-michael-conlan-falls-park-ring-walk/[/url]

7. Blah

Blah Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2016
    A bit more succinct than me :)

8. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I really don't see the need for justifying why I'm against the IRA and it's supporters.

There should be a 'dislike' button for certain posts.

Jurgen likes this.
  9. marty

marty Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 20, 2008
    What IRA song are you referring to? I was at the fights and heard none. There was one song called Grace that was played, and this is a romantic melody about an event that happened over a hundred years ago. The IRA didn't exist then, so maybe you're wanting to feel offended even when there's no offence intended? Or alternatively maybe you simply dislike Conlan because he's a proud Irish man who loves his flag and country. Conlan is an Irish nationalist, get over it and release your hate.

lencoreastside likes this.
  10. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    I didn't say anything about his music last night. But if you're asking which song he's used to flaunt his support of the IRA, it's the one he walked out to on one of his recent fights, probably his St. Patrick's day fight in the America this year or last year, canny mind, ANYWAY, I digress, I don't know the song title but it's the one withthe lyrics that go: "OOH AHH UP THE RA SAY OOH UP THE RA" so aye, that song. And if you're calling me a hater for hating the IRA then that's all fine with me old boy. I'm not a hater of all things, but I'm fine with being tarred as a terrorist scum hater. Plus as I said about Conlan in a previous post, he comes across as an arrogant wee wânker anyway, regardless of his sectarianism.

Jurgen likes this.
  11. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    You didn’t hear the entrance music for his fight in New York then. If you did, you’d understand why you have made yourself look a fool.

Jurgen, stittyb and Smudge_ like this.
  12. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    That's the song I'm talking about. Marty has made a right cùnty of this one.

Jurgen likes this.
  13. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    The song in New York was called Celtic Symphony, and it's a song about Celtic supporters. Also Conlan apologised about that choice of music, he didn't think it would cause offence, as it's generally considered a good humoured singalong song. The sort of song that gets people involved, the sort of song you would use in a ring walk.

lencoreastside likes this.
  14. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    Where are you from? You're obviously clueless of the complexities of politics in Ireland. A political problem the British manufacturered. Read a little history about Ireland before making anymore black and white comments.

dryzer and lencoreastside like this.
  15. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    Glasgow.