Connor says fight with Pacman next after Dana White said big boxing announcement coming soon

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by young_wolverine, Sep 25, 2020.

1. young_wolverine

young_wolverine Member Full Member

May 31, 2019
    This content is protected

Pimp C likes this.
  2. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Could see it happening. Not sure if anyone has seen the clip of McGregor shadow boxing from today? His technique is terrible

3. young_wolverine

May 31, 2019
    Yeah I saw that good payday for both fighters but Mannys not gonna take it slow with Connor I'll be impressed if Connor can make it too round 2 Pacmans gonna ice him

Toney F*** U and Sandman_ like this.
  4. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    I think that’s probably talk from Manny. If he wants to end it early he will but I think he’ll probably clown around with him

5. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    What's the weight? Pac will smoke Colleen. Joke fight. Shouldn't count towards his record.

6. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Can Connor keep himself out of the courts long enough?

I hated this fight for Floyd, and I hate it for Manny. Hopefully this is just mouth garbage.

7. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    Always fun to see him beaten to a pulp, though.

young_wolverine likes this.
  8. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Connors base is wrestling/Brazilian Muay Thai. He has no change against the Malaysian

9. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    McGregor smashes Manny.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  10. young_wolverine

May 31, 2019
    I think it depends on wheatear the match is an exhibition or a professional boxing match if its a pro match manny will get him out of their as quickly as possible if its an exhibition manny will play with him the whole time

11. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    You’re probably right. I just think even if it’s a pro fight it’ll still be an exhibition in Manny’s eyes. I may be wrong. And I hope I am as I’d love to see McGregor get goomed

12. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Well Manny is more of a counter puncher these days. And I would bet my left nut that McGregor would be looking to control and maintain distance.
    McGregor is quite savvy and he has tremendous reach over Manny (it would be interesting to see how the southpaw vs southpaw angle play out), so this would give Manny plenty to think about. Manny would not feel to be in any sort of rush so he would likely slowly figure McGregor out. IMO, this would go very similarly to how the Money Fight went. Manny takes his time while McGregor boxes quite well and utilizes his size, but soon enough the gap in class would show.

Unless Conor has learned some new tricks. He showed some interesting boxing based training footage for the Cowboy fight. He had a more squared stance and a high guard. Plus he utilized his right hook way more.

13. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    Agree that Manny won’t be in a rush. Although I’m not sure McGregor is going to be able to control the outside unless Manny really isn’t that interested in doing so. Size wise he’s huge compared to Manny but that disparity in technical ability is equally huge. Bookies wise I reckon you’d get decent odds on a 8-10 round stoppage.

Badbot likes this.
  14. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    I can see Pac messing around and maybe getting caught. Pac kept smiling and touching gloves Rios and Mosley. He's not gonna go for the kill (too nice of a guy) and he's not gonna get up for a 0-1-0 guy. Damn, Colleen has a chance!

SpeedKills likes this.
  15. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    I am just looking at the way Conor fought Floyd. And how he generally does in MMA.
    Conor is good. Really, really good. He clearly surprised Floyd. But a lot of people seem to run with some narratives instead of looking at what happened inside the ring.
    But for however good Conor is there is a cap is skills and Manny would figure him out as quickly as Floyd did.

But if Conor switches things up and takes a more pressure oriented fight with a more squared stance? Man, that would be fun.

PaddyGarcia likes this.