Conor Benn - disgusting attitude

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bulldog24, Feb 13, 2017.

1. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Quotes from Conor Benn

"I want to apologise for my Periscope about club foot disorder, it's been taken out of context.

"I was talking about Robin Deakin, he's been chasing me for a while, insulting me and going for it and I bit the bait and I really wanna apologise.

"It's nothing funny about it whatsoever, it's not what I'm about. Like I have said I am really sorry, there's nothing funny about it at all."

In a tweet he added: "What I said has been taken out of context because this individual wants a fight. I apologise to everyone. I bit the bait. I am only human."

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Remember when Tyson Fury said "When club feet are legalized that's when the devil will return to this world" ?
    That got him in some hot water, didn't it.

3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    The young man apologised, he can't do much more except learn from it and move on, if anything like this happens again then he deserves a hammering in my opinion.

4. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Robin Deakin has 2 wins and 51 losses.
    That's plenty of ammo right there.
    Conor Benn is obviously new to this trash-talking game and needs to learn to conserve his energy. He really didn't need to get out of first gear with this guy, nevermind go full-on crazy and leave himself open to The Daily Mail.

5. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Arent you over-reacting just a tad Sugar?
    I work a lot with special needs people and I'm not too offended.
    As for his ability - I actually rate him, personally. I think he is very good - much better than his dad was at a similar stage in his career. No way does he have Nigels power - actually he is a fairly light hitter IMO just on what Ive seen so far. But Nigel at a similar point in hos career hadnt a clue how to box at all - and look at him today, a legend.

6. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Well I'm glad you're not offended but his attitude -in contrast to what he has tried to sell - is awful.

Skill wise, he's on a similar level to countless other boys of his age in any given gym in the UK. He doesn't have his Dad's athleticism or explosive power so will end up with a career like Ross Minter before you know it.

7. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Nigel should have had his boy do a 4 1/2-year stint in the army, same as he did.

Robin Deakin should have retired years ago.
    I love the symmetry of his 2-51 record though. He started on a win and ended on a win !

8. Dibbs

Dibbs Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Very childish remark to make while looking at his mates reaction. As Sugar 88 mentioned if you take away the Benn name and look at his record it's average at best. Yes he has hype around him, but its the Benn name not his ability, after all, being wild with shots and knocking over 'picked' opponents only goes so far. But maybe he will do the Benn name proud and cover himself in glory, or develop a misplaced ego and cover himself in more tattoo's.

9. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    He should be totally ashamed of himself, and should know better.

To mock disabled people in any form, is in my opinion absolutely the lowest.

Does this idiot not know about people with disabilities, and how their lives are so disadvantaged by it.

Because if not he should.

He only needs to look at his father's fight with GM to see what disabled is, and he should not mock any form of it, it could happen to him, then it would not be funny.

I do not share the thoughts on here, on who did not say things like he did when others were his age, it is 2017 and simply not acceptable.

Where was his thinking?

He is a disgrace.

There are many reputable companies that are disabled friendly, and many more are trying to do the same, and more should follow.

Disabled people are not without feelings and should not be discriminated in any way shape or form.

Any promoter/employer/trainer/father of this young man should let him fend for his self for a while.

He will in the long term appreciate it.

10. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Still very raw as a fighter, fighting constantly at the o2 has got to him clearly. But don't forget this is Nigel Benns son I don't really expect him to be a Joshua when it comes to attitude....

11. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013
    This content is protected

12. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Is this youth steaming or punch drunk?

13. boxfanlut

boxfanlut Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    At Connor age Degale was going life and death in the first groves fight so I don't remember when Degale was benn age

14. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    It's low.

Benn has a deal with reebok already?

15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Connor Benns gangster act is a joke and makes me instantly dislike him. Not seen anything to suggest he is going to set the welterweight division ablaze.