Conor Nigel Benn vs. Samuel Andrés Vargas Ariza & Shannon Courtenay vs. Ebanie Bridges RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Apr 10, 2021.

1. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Btw when did Conor Benn become a draw, capable of doing big numbers according to Hearn? Is there any numbers to support this claim? I don't know how many Nigel Benn fans are tuning in to Conors fights but I can't imagine they're that many.

CST80 and roddy like this.
  2. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    based off fact that Porter has fought and beaten world level opposition has never been an easy nights work for anyone has a great chin and is a swarmer and has an awful style for even massively experienced world class pro’s let alone against a guy with a questionable chin even more questionable gas tank and an awful defence.

benn has never shown the ability to box off the back foot and mark my words Porter will put him on the back foot.

based off that!! make a counter argument mate?

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    So he is more proven than Conor Benn, doesn't make him better, we don't know how good Benn is
    How do you think younger and upcoming fighters break onto the scene? They beat a proven fighter

4. velagod

Oct 20, 2012
    sorry give me a tactical breakdown of how you think Connor benn can beat Shawn Porter.

give me anything apart from some nonsense about not knowing how good he is, also your whole statement is in counter to me saying nelson saying benn would beat Porter is nonsense and you just saying well he hasn’t shown how good he is yet is not a valid argument for him being able to beat him.

5. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Teofimo Lopez is far younger than Loma.

Marshall is 3 years older, was in the same 2 olympics as Shields and doesnt even have a medal to show for it.

They went to the same world championships as amateurs where Shields has 2 golds and Marshall has one bronze.

She went pro at the same time, and hasn't achieved a half of what Shields has.

Either Shields improved or Marshall regressed.

sasto likes this.
  6. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Salute to Bridges she did Australia and Sydney proud.

Also I hope Kambosos does put a valiant fight.

CST80 likes this.
  7. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Conor just had beated up a journeyman as had been predicted here. A journeyman looks that ranked below 100 in boxrec, I lurked few minutes ago.
    Maybe he is good, yet isn't tested?

8. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Yeah because you said it was laughable that Nelson was saying that, Porter is definitely not in his prime anymore, not washed, but still past his best, he is 33 and Benn is 24, he is young and Porter may be struggling at the weight now, and Connor Benn doesn't struggle to make 147 at all

9. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Nothing like a good ole Brit stoppage to warm the c0ckles

CST80 and Surrix like this.
  10. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Keep spinning.

Lopez is far younger, and has far less experience.

And Marshall still beat her, styles make fights.

She stopped Rankin and Shields did not. Shields has been fed a steady stream of nice 0's on paper, but the only truly live fighter shes faced, was Hanna Gabriels, who dropped her and arguably should have nicked it. Everyone likes Hammer, because she's hot, but let's face it, she's frail.

Shields has a hype machine behind her, because she's an American 2 time Gold Medalist. She hasn't improved, and Marshall, since joining with Peter Fury, clearly has.

Quite being such an embarassing fanboy. It's nauseating.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  11. velagod

Oct 20, 2012
    he’s not far removed off giving spence the toughest fight of his career, I agree he struggles to make the weight but it hasn’t effected his gas tank.

benn against Formella was blowing hard in the later rounds and I genuinely can’t see benn stopping Porter from rag dolling him he’s lot bigger more rugged and I believe hits harder then benn.

benn is unproven yes but you can watch someone and see good signs of improvement but still clear weakness it’s a laughable comment I absolutely stand by that.

he’s just iced a gatekeeper let’s calm down.

CST80 likes this.
  12. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    journeyman not a gatekeeper.

velagod likes this.
  13. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Porter jacks this fake beard having pompous punk ass ***** up, and leaves him drooling on the canvass, face down ass up sucking on his thumb, calling for his daddy.

sasto and velagod like this.
  14. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I was impressed with Conor Benn tonight took his opportunity well , the fact that he caught Vargas with a rear hand hook early doors dictated the ending. For an 18 fight professional with limited amateur experience a very good result however you would have to be pretty bold to think that a top ten welter would get hit with rear hands so easily and even if they did they have more resilience and savvy than Vargas . Shawn Porter and Danny Garcia have proven records which show they don’t fall apart in very tough fights and the 2 top dogs of Spence and Crawford are another level. The Khan fight would be worth a punt for the Benn camp but unless Amir is really strapped for cash I doubt if it could be made and if it was I expect it would have to be a PPV .

15. velagod

Oct 20, 2012

Yeah I can’t believe I had to just explain to someone how saying Connor god damn benn beating Shawn Porter is a laughable statement lol.

Surrix and CST80 like this.