Controversial decisions thread

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by UnleashtheFURY, Aug 2, 2017.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I was outraged at the Edgar, Melendez and Thompson decisions when I saw them live..... Reliving that horror isn't going to be pleasant :lol:

2. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    How he has a resume containing greats like Edgar and Melendez is astounding to me.

I'm not sure there was ever a time when he was the legit best LW in the world.

He never should have got the Edgar or Melendez decisions, even when he did Pettis was clearly superior to him.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  3. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    His performance against Nate Diaz was incredible... But yeah. For the most part his top wins in the UFC have been questionable to say the least.

4. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    And Thatch was a good win as well.

Yeah it's ironic because Nate is always being said to be robbed in his decision losses and Henderson always said to get gifts in his decision losses but this was a one sided fight with zero controversy.

Nate is a good fighter but he had his chance against the weakest champ of the era and couldn't capitalise.

5. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit - 5 rounds for the UFC Welterweight title

Rd 1 - 10-9 Condit
    Rd 2 - 10-9 Lawler
    Rd 3 - 10-9 Condit
    Rd 4 - 10-9 Condit
    Rd 5 - 10-9 Lawler

Went back to this one and it's just as awful as I remembered it being. Condit really got shafted here. Controlled Lawler with his kickboxing for the majority of the fight and probably could have shut him out had he thrown less punches(that's the only time Lawler really had any success) Foolish by Condit because he really could have shut Lawler out 50-45 if he stuck to the gameplan and avoided the senseless brawling.

DONT B SCARED likes this.
  6. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Yup

7. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Ovince Saint Preux vs. Volkan Oezdemir - 3 rounds at Light-Heavyweight

Rd 1 - 10-9 Oezdemir
    Rd 2 - 10-9 Saint Preux
    Rd 3 - 10-9 Saint Preux

Close but clear win for Saint Preux. Lost the 1st but took the 2nd with the takedown and by landing the cleaner strikes - pushed the action for most the 3rd and nearly took Oezdemir out but ran out of time. Oezdemir was done and wouldn't have lasted another 30 seconds - nevermind 2 more rounds had it been a 5 round fight. This fight doesn't make his chances against DC look very good. Awful cardio - was pretty much gassed in the 3rd round. Barring a 1st rd KO he has zero chance of beating DC.

8. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    2018 edition. Dennis Bermudez vs. Andre Fili & Tim Means vs. Sérgio Moraes back to back weeks showcasing the ineptitude of judging in MMA only a month into the year. Machida/Anders was also controversial(especially Weeks card)