Controversial opinion: Wilder isn’t a top 3 heavyweight.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by RB1702, Jan 21, 2021.

1. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    It's a fantastic equalizer. But I take in to account his level of comp he's had to use it against. Again, you have no idea how DW will be upon return, IF he ever boxes again. He might be the American David Price for all we know. he may feel a tune up is in order and get KO'd before another big fight can be made. I'm reserving judgement on DW until I see him again.

Leeroy84, UnleashtheFURY and eltirado like this.
  2. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Grandiose people only become more Grandiose...They are just Inert & don't react like normal common material/people

Deontay Wilder has no respect or value for anybody, his only interest is his ATG-Ego...In his Grandiose mind Whatever happens is a graceful inclusion in his Legendary life, Two time World Champion, Oldest Heavyweight Champion, Fastest KO1 victory in a title fight....maybe darker fantasies that Wilder envisions…all very possible because of his Birth-Right

He will come back check chins, break hearts and shatter dreams...We only can anticipate

The Real Lance likes this.
  3. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Yeah, Joshua and Wilder met now, I'm pretty sure that AJ would look to fight more like Fury did in the rematch than in the first one.

eltirado likes this.
  4. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    :risas3: OK...

5. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    No one has done enough to surpass him

6. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Joshua is not capable of taking a fight directly to Wilder without eating that right hand imo

7. CJH

CJH Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Its questionable whether hes top 3 at this point.

BUT his right hand makes him atleast competitive against anyone in the top 10 not named AJ or Fury.

I think Andy Ruiz could also beat him as he has a good chin and fast hands.

But id have him 50/50 with Usyk and Povetkin.

He would 1000% ice Dillian Whyte and id favour him over the rest of the top 10.

ipitythefool and The Real Lance like this.
  8. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    I see. So someone needs ten defenses against terrible comp just to be rated ahead of DW? OK...cause that's how rankings work. :lol:

Leeroy84 and Bokaj like this.
  9. RB1702

RB1702 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 7, 2020
    If he can do it to Klitschko who hits just as hard as Wilder and has much better skills he can more than do it to Wilder. AJ knocks him out. Wilder is useless up close and on the back foot as well. He can’t take AJ’s power or combos.

MrJonson, latineg, Leeroy84 and 3 others like this.
  10. Stiches Yarn

Stiches Yarn Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    Wow...Brilliant Answer.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  11. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Ortiz came close to succeeding in the first fight, and Fury wasn't really known for his offence before he crumbled Wilder. So my money would be on Joshua to do it, but wouldn't of course rule out Wilder hitting the home run.

RB1702 likes this.
  12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    You cant can you?

13. RB1702

RB1702 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 7, 2020
    I must have confused you with someone else.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  14. ertwin

ertwin Active Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2016

Dude when do you realize that people arent born with a right hand. His power is skill people just dont want to accept that, they just love the narrative of him being a idiot who by some accident kos everybody.
    He was no known ko artist in the amateur and he even fought at a lower weight class there.
    He is just an absolut beast in setting his right hand up, look at the ortiz kdowns he lands the shoots perfectly on the temple, has almost no pull back and you can see how he turn his entire body into the punch while keeping a very short ROM.
    He is an idiot has terrific flaws but he definitely set a new bar when it comes to athleticism and sniper like punching.

Dubblechin likes this.
  15. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    He'd get destroyed by Aj. Theres a reason Wilder ducked him. Luis Ortiz almost beat Wilder in the first fight but the bell sounded. Wilder knows he has to stay a distance away from Aj and Wilder cant fight off the back foot effectively to keep the distance for long. If wilder backed up against Fury he'd be scared shitless against Joshua.

MrJonson and RB1702 like this.