Cotto hit Judah low on purpose in the 1st.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by liljp361, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Boricua - TLH

Boricua - TLH Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Everyone was certain Judah would beat Cotto, many were certain that Quintana would beat Cotto... Others were sure that Malignaggi would stop Cotto's win streak and expose him as a slow robot. Dude, you will witness the making of a WW Superstar, and the all-honored retirement of an ATG which is Sugar Shane Mosley... You can bet on that!!

2. Sug3

Sug3 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2006
    If mosley could hang tough with winky twice for 24 rounds,tko vargas twice and outclass a young fighter like collazo,this will be a easy fight for mosley,because all cotto doe's is come forward,perfect opponent for mosley to showcase all his skills.

3. Boricua - TLH

Jul 2, 2007
    "Anyone" can recover from 2 or three uppercuts?? You are also talking like Cotto won't even be able to hit Mosley... Every fighter Cotto faces says that even when Cotto misses and hits you in the arms ore fore arms it hurts like ****... Let's see who break down who... Remember, Cotto was supposed to be borned in the 15 Rd boxing era...

4. BigReg

BigReg Broad Street Bully Full Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Glad we're on the same page

5. Boricua - TLH

Jul 2, 2007
    It seems like some people here think Mosley is God's Cousin or maybe a close a blood relative... He is human... He is not "ageless", he will certainly feel pain from Cotto's punches, and he will loose. Cotto will outwork him, he won't be able to outpunch Cotto. This will be a great, WTF, this will be an ALL TIME CLASSIC FIGHT, and it is a 50/50 fight... Whoever establishes his game fight first will be able to walk away victorious... But, most of the time, Cotto has demonstrated to be able to impose his gamplan time after time!! I just can't wait for this fight to go down... My two current favorites, one on the rise, and the one sitting on top of his game waiting for some one to proof he's not the best at WW... THE DRAMA IS BACK IN BOXING!!

6. Sinew

Sinew The Assassin Full Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Meh... Headbutts are almost apart of the game. My trainer taught me how to use my head on the uppercut bag...

To come in with the jab, then bump heads, and place my uppercuts.

Punching a man in the balls is for women and self defense.

7. Guru_Too_You

Guru_Too_You ESB OG circa '99 Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    I'll be on the money train with ya this time Trouble.

8. liljp361

liljp361 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Yep Im excited it should be a memorable fight..:smoke

9. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    are you suggesting that without the low blow judah would not have received that ass whuppin?

10. PR Boxing Lore

PR Boxing Lore Member Full Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Why do they keep with the same low blow thread, and why do people keep answering!:rofl :patsch

11. BigReg

BigReg Broad Street Bully Full Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Yep. Both are definately illegal, and should be. However, fighters have cups. Sure, a low blow hurts like hell. But you can shake it off...after a while. There is no protection for the back of the neck. You could crack someone's spine that way and end their career.

12. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    I rewatched it..And Cotto was most definitely going low on purpose..DUMB ass Merchant said he was throwing body shots..:rofl :rofl :rofl :nut :nut :nut But if you watch it when judah was going after him. He was not trying to mount any offense and was backing up throwing arm punches low as **** like he was looking for balls. I mean in what world would judah be backing cotto. I mean if your cotto you would love to have judah that close coming at you cause he would crush him..but he didnt...and was pawing low and caught Judah on the nuts..not hard the first time..but just enough to make judah stop his all out assault..the second one was on purpose and HARD. And for those who say Cotto has not history of that..Of course..thats how you know it was low...Cotto is accurate as hell with his body punches and knows where he is putting them...its not like Zab is a tall fighter with a High waist guard..Zab wears his guard low and is short...:hey :hey Bad Cotto..Bad Bad Cotto..I think Zab may of made Cotto take knee at worst but Cotto would of beat him regardless unless Zab got real confident which he was not that whole entire fight.:think

13. Antwuan Maxx

Antwuan Maxx Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Hang tough with Winky? :lol: You make Winky seem like some kind of killer. Haha, but anyway, I guess you consider being thoroughly beaten, hurt by feather fists to the body, and looking like you want to quit between rounds tough. If Mosley hung tough with Winky, what would you say Sam Soliman did in his fight with Winky? By your standards, I'd say Soliman beat Winky's ass.

First fight was pretty much even up until the stoppage due to swelling. Meaning, Mosley fought a fighter who many were saying should be retired on even terms. :patsch Story of the second fight was just as much how bad Vargas looked as it was how good Shane looked. Obviously, as we know now..Vargas isn't the most healthy fighter out there.

That "outclassing" only began to take place when Collazo was injured in Round 3, after making Mosley look silly in the previous round. Surprise, surprise.

Would you say Shane "showcased all his skills" against Cruz or Estrada? :think Those are both come forward opponents, with little to no defense and not nearly on the level of Cotto.

No, he's not. Mosley has KO'd one fighter since 2001. That being a shot, weight drained Fernando Vargas who damn near had his jaw broken by Javier Castillejo :)lol:) in his previous fight. Zab stretched Cory Spinks. Something prime Mayorga couldn't do at 147, Roman Karmazin couldn't do at 154, or Jermain Taylor at 160. He starched Cosme Rivera in 3 rounds, who had never been stopped and just gave supposedly hard punching Andre Berto his toughest fight and went the distance without being that badly hurt. Zab also rocked Mayweather with a single straight left. What has Mosley done to suggest this decade that he cracks harder?

Anyway, this topic is hilarious. I'm through discussing it. People are gonna believe what they want regardless. Just throw it in the box with "Zab would beat Tszyu if Nady didn't stop the fight early," "Mayweather would have stopped Zab in the 10th if it wasn't for the low blow and rabbit punch," and "Klitschko would have KO'd Lewis had the fight been allowed to continue."

14. Toopretty

Jul 3, 2007
    Judah has a better one punch then shane..that is no question..Shane is a better accumilation puncher...Cotto will get hit a lot more with shane..Cotto has a shaky chin but he has good recovery ability and he is always dangerous...he is not going down like Vargas with one shot...Cotto will get up and he keeps his strength for the full 12...Shane is going to have a hurtful night win or lose.. You guys forget Shane is not hard to find...He gets hit a lot.. His chin is good but I dont think he has never been tested to the ribs like Cotto will test him...If Shane goes down it will be by a body shot.

15. Toopretty

Jul 3, 2007
    He rocked Cotto with one Punch too..I dont get your point..If Zab lands his best punch you are going to be a little rocked..regardless of who you are..