Cotto vs Bradley at 154, how does this one go?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by RafaelGonzal, Nov 22, 2015.

1. RafaelGonzal

RafaelGonzal Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 7, 2006
    I would like to see this one as a Cotto farewell and win or lose he should retire afterward.

Who do you see winning in a Cotto vs Bradley bout at 154?

2. Anima

Anima Kinetic Link Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Bradley edging Cotto out in a close competitive UD.

3. ImBetterThanJoe

ImBetterThanJoe Active Member Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Yeah bradley wins a close, but deserved decision.

4. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Its hard to tell where Cotto is in his long career.
    I would favour Cotto as I dont think Bradley has the firepower to stop him and dont think Bradley takes a big shot as well.
    I think Bradleyu was lucky not to have the ref wave it over against Provodnikov

5. des3995

des3995 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 23, 2009
    I don't think Bradley has the pop to hurt Cotto and make him defensive. I think Cotto's bodywork and LH would pay dividends. While his movement cannot match Timmeh's, it's still good enough. Cotto close UD.

Would not be at all surprised if Bradley sneaks one though.

6. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Going by their forms prior to their last fights most recently, I would have said Cotto by KO

After Bradley beat Rios I was very impressed in the improvements he made. Yeah he was fighting a Rios who arguably may not have been all there but he showed discipline and strategy and better technique and balance. Still I favored Cotto

Cotto to me looked bad vs Canelo. He was on a 3 fight tear and I actually was thinking he could stop Alvarez. His punches did no damage and had no effect. It got me wondering was something wrong with Cotto in this fight or was there something wrong with his opponents. Its hard for me to believe a guy goes thru 3 opponents and none of them are in good form. He wrecked 3 guys that never get wrecked.

Rodriguez, outside the upset to Feliciano yrs ago nobody every blasted him like that.

Martinez I chalk most of that up to the knee, in round 1 he went down 3 times, his head seemed clear it looked to me like the knee gave out.

Geale, he dispatched him in similar time to Golovkin the vaunted puncher of the division some claim as the biggest puncher in boxing and Cotto giving up size did the same thing more or less

So when his punches had zero effect on Canelo it got me wondering. I know Canelo is tough but the shots had nothing. Cottos brother rocked him and Floyd damaged his eye a little. After Cotto he looked fine

Bradley if he boxes well like he did vs Marquez may be able to limit Cottos offensive success and might be able to box and hit the body and tire Cotto out.

I favor Cotto but its closer in my eyes than say I would have said a month ago

7. blundell

blundell Active Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Canelo wins a close decision. However, one of the the cards has Canelo taking all the rounds.

8. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    I do agree.
    I think Cotto overall but I just cant tell where Cotto is in his career. I wouldnt have bet for Trout to have beaten Cotto when you think Cotto went on to beat Martinez, so I wouldnt be massively shocked if Bradley won but favour Cotto.
    Some fighters you look at and feel they are faded. I get that impression with say A Abraham, but Cotto has bounced back before

9. zop

zop Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 8, 2015
    It would be very interesting, difficult to predict - maybe 55/45 TB.

10. Lady Girl

Lady Girl Kneel Before Zod! Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    bradley too black too slick

11. des3995

Oct 23, 2009
    Agreed. I just think we can't base it all off of 1 fight. Before the Rios fight, we would have said Timmeh' is on the slide(almost got KOd by Vargas), while Cotto had dominated Geale.

12. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Exactly that. Its the old saying about only being as good as your last fight.

13. des3995

Oct 23, 2009
    It's hard to judge Cotto off of the fight Saturday. He absorbed Canelo's shots well enough, but seemed unwilling to bang on the inside, and didn't look great against the bigger, stronger guy. Still, he fought fairly well, despite not really committing to his shots most of the night.

Bradley looked great against Rios because, well Rios is Rios, and on top of that, he was way out of shape.

14. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Canelo sliiped and blocked most of Cotto's power punches. Canelo controlled the entire fight after round 2.

15. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    LMAO @ anyone picking Bradley.

Cotto isn't washed up enough yet to lose to Bradley.

He'd give Bradley an ass whuppin even now. Bradley is so overrated it's absurd.