Cotto Will Get Exposed Badly,I'll Tell You Why.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Sug3, Aug 19, 2007.

1. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I'm sure thats what people thought about Ali pre Liston, what with Banks, Jones and Cooper dropping or stunning him.

2. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    EXPOSED?

so if he loses to mosley, hes going to be EXPOSED?

as what?

hes already a very very good fighter, he wont be EXPOSED... hes past that already, that happens when fighters are on the verge of where cotto is already at, if he was exposed it would have been done against the likes of pinto, ndou, bailey, ect...

he wont be exposed, he will just be beat by a great fighter.

3. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
  4. obedt

obedt Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2007
    People expecting a blowout one way or the other will be surprised IMHO. They both will have their gamplans in place -

Cotto will probably try and work mostly behind his jab. In the opening seconds he will come in with his high guard, shoot a jab and an overhand right. He does this so that the other fighter figures he has to respect both hands. This sequence I believe was what produced the cut over Paulie's eye in their fight, and if you watch the Zab fight, Judah retreated immediately after receiving the right very early. Miguel will also try to go southpaw on the outside, and his defense really suffers here, but it allows him to use his strong hand back and the straight left has been very effective since moving up in weight.
    Miguel will also try and work in that right hook/uppercut he used vs Zab - [Note that this is the punch that Miguel did not time properly and what caused the 2nd (And most damaging) low blow that occurred in the 3rd Rd]. This is done trying to time where his opponent will be, and also to work him in the direction Miguel wants to go to cut-off the ring. And inside is where his bread and butter will be, since this is where he gets the hooks to the body and that left uppercut inside which was the punch that put Zab down, and also hurt him on various occasions. Note that this is the punch that Miguel did not time properly and what caused the 2nd (And most damaging) low blow that occured in the 3rd Rd. Also on the inside Miguel will get in some elbows and some kidney punches.

Shane, on the other hand, does not have as good a jab, but his footwork will be much better. Shane will try and pop in and out of range and do most of his damage w/ the right hand. It can be an overhand right or right hook both downstairs or upstairs. Shane will use a lot of head movement to try and reduce the openings for Miguel's jab, as well as the pitty pat jab designed to block punches more than anything. When circling left he has a very solid left hook. It didn't show up as much in the Collazo fight though, possibly a matter of Shane not using it against southpaws.

If Shane cannot stay away from Cotto's jab this will be a very tough fight for him. If, however, Shane can land the overhand right over Cotto's jab - well then he will be the clear favorite. On the inside, I expect Mosley do his fair share of rough housing as well, but I expect him to try and hold and stay away as much as possible. The small NY ring comes into play in this match-up guys.

I also think the later it goes the more it plays into Miguel's hands. He is money in the championship rounds. It's a great match-up - one where there is a lot more to it than "knowing how to hold."

5. Boricua - TLH

Boricua - TLH Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Since Mosley is one of the Top WW today Cotto will be "Badly Exposed" in front of the whole wide World as the BEST CURRENT WW, once he TKO's the Future HOF Sugar Shane Mosley... And that's that!!

6. MacManJr.

MacManJr. Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2007
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

7. the_what

the_what Bolo Punch KO Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I havent seen Mosley's power in the past few years. Other than knocking out Vargas who looked like a zombie in the rematch, he hasnt shown me any power. Other than the Vargas fight you would have to go to his KO of Adrian Stone back in 2001. Mosley is not the fighter he used to be. And as ive said before, Cotto will make Mosley look old in the ring. Expect Papa Jack to save his son from an ass whooping as he throws in the white towel.

8. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Shane's a good dude like cooked food but he will most likely be stopped on the 10th. Not KO'd but stopped, for the first time in his career. I can also see a UD for Cotto (The more likely option to some extent)

9. juancho214

juancho214 Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    fighters don't get exposed by elite fighters, they get exposed by ordinary fighters,if he looses its not that big a deal,he'll have lost to Shane Mosley, he has a weak chin big deal ,get over it

10. AG11

AG11 LETS GO COTTO! Full Member

Dec 2, 2005
    EXACTLY 100% correct. Everyone wants to **** on a fighter once he gets his first L.

If this fight turns out to fulfill even half of its expectations (because its IS going to be a FANTASTIC fight)....it is not going to be a fight where either fighter should be ashamed of. The best man will be victourious that night and the loser will have nothing to be ashamed about.

11. King Dan

King Dan Golovkin Full Member

Feb 24, 2005
    Oh ya cuz Shane gets broken down all the time. :lol:

The more you punch against Shane, the worse it gets.

This is a 50/50 fight for me.

12. TroubleLurks

TroubleLurks **** spell check Full Member

May 23, 2006
    Winky respected Shanes power after he had to grab on to Mosley while stubbling around on rubber legs. Hell, he almost tackled him. Mosley has plenty of pop to test Cottos chin. It will just be a matter of time as much as Cotto exposes his chin. It will be tested several times.:deal

13. Dorfmeister

Dorfmeister Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 8, 2007
    First and most of all, obedt, I generally agree with your logical assumption that this may rise more equivocal questions rather than straight foreeeable scenarios but one should always consider the value of suggestions, conventional wisdom and of collective knowledge too. Anyway, pure enthusiasm usually enlivens, in the more obstinate selves, some kinda insignificant daydreaming, pointed directness or straightforward simplicity rather than discreet awareness, grunted skepticism and rearranged expectation... B'sides, both Miguelito and Suga Shane are civilized guys who know the score inside out and it is hardly believable that all hell's breakin' loose at the get go... Short & to the points, Miguel tends to focus mostly under the chest area with high power punchin connect rate in way to sure wins but doing so, he forgets to use the jab as often as desirable jus like against Malignaggi in MSG - that's why Paulie went the distance and made Miguel look like a sucker for a snappy jab and flashy one-twos ever since the first bell - also against Urkal and even vs Judah, Miguel appeared mostly predictable and reckless at times, when jumping in the distance for the massive body attack and following up to the head with meatier looking hooks and uppercuts... However, the unalduterated truth and more valuable insight may be that the 2nd round knockdown against Paulie and the low blows against Judah were the real breakthroughs that really flipped the course of the action. Shane is not to expose anything relevant but should put thought into awareness instead of getting carried away and take it like against Cruz, Estrada and even Vargas, he should be light on his feet, letting his hands go loosely, snapping the jab fluid and double, triple hooking inside, break the action wisely and move away out of danger, never let Miguel narrow the field nor muscle up against him, but always spying on chances to crack in the right over the top and sudden short left hook just like against Vargas - if he sarts on good foot, stays busier and doesn't get tagged more often than not, he may make it an easy, flat road to follow on and a steep incline for Miguel at the same time, just like did happen with Collazo to the point of the other borinquan open up, got driven off, lost his footing and came tumbling down... Mosley is not some piece of precious china but may not be able to hold his own in my mind since there's more than space for worst-case scenarios, unpredictable reactions and enough surprises to make this one an extremely unpredictable contest. Compliments to obedt and everyone else.

14. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    :lol: :lol: im luaghing cuz

your A DERKHEAD
    OF COURSE HE KOWS HOW TO CLINCH BUT THE POINT IS HE DOESNT USE IT WELL HE JUST GRABS ON NOT A TACTICAL MANOUVRE.

15. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    i think it's getting a bad press.becuase of ruiz,akinwande,wlad,lewis,hatton.

it tires your opponant out people seem to think that just standing toe to toe with somone is going to be all out battle. but when 2 inside fighters fight each other it usually leads to both men bumping into each other and getting very close in which both men can't engage.

it is a useful tool and can be exiting or at least interesting.if people are jabbing and grabbing...thats somthing different