Could Fury have beaten prime Wladimir?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MarkusFlorez99, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    "No feet" "inexperienced" "pre prime" are all loads of bull. The guy won the fight playing spoiler against a man 14 years his senior. Good win but the hero worship over it is a little out of place if you ask me

Heavy_Hitter, Bokaj and BCS8 like this.
  2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    No feet and no hands.. Still won.

3. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    I'm pretty sure I saw 2 hands and 2 feet on both fighters. I'm not gay enough to go research and find pics of Wlads toes to see how they were looking post fight so I'm gonna bow out of this

4. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    It's clear to me that when Wlad started throwing he had more success. He even buckled Fury's knees for an instant with a left hook. It's also clear that he had learned the lesson of the 12th, that he'd gotten a different approach for the second fight. If Fury was that sure of winning the rematch he would have taken it and sent Wlad into retirement. Instead he ate a pie factory and 'retired' himself until Wlad was out of the way. It's history.

Heavy_Hitter likes this.
  5. Drago

Drago Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I dont want to change your opinion.

But about the rematch: Do you think/guess/believe his mental health problems were a fake?
    Because officially they started already in late ´15 and went worser and worser in the spring of ´16. If his depression´s were really as worse as they say, it was impossible for him to have a rematch with Wlad or a fight with anyone else.
    That attempted suicide with his Ferrari was in summer ´16.

6. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I really have no idea whether they were true or not.

But what I do have an idea of, is that if somebody calls BS on Wlad being in a bad space and having a bad camp at the time with his crazy wife at home with his newborn, then they mustn't trot out the "Tyson Fury was clinically depressed because he won" card.

lordlosh likes this.
  7. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    My thinking as well. I rewatched parts of the Wlad-Fury for the first time in a long while and Fury was lighter on his feet back then. A 270+ lbs Fury of course won't move as the younger and almost 30 lbs lighter version did, so probably it would be in his best interests to try and get as light and nimble as possible because I agree that taking the fight to AJ isn't a good idea, and at 270+ it should be hard for him to keep quick and mobile for 12 rds.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  8. Fuzzykat

Fuzzykat Member Full Member

Jun 18, 2019
    My guess is Wlad wins prime vs prime

Heavy_Hitter likes this.
  9. ertwin

ertwin Active Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2016

If AJ wins then I will delete my account and never talk about boxing again, because then I dont know ****.

10. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    People on here are way too over with things. It was the same with Klitschko, it was the same with Joshua. Almost everyone on here were screaming he is done, he can`t beat Ruiz, that wasn`t a lucky punch, Ruiz destroyed him, blq, blq, blq, blq, and Joshua schooled him in the rematch and barely got touched.
    I mean Fury clearly lost to John McDermott, but then on he rematch he TKO him ...
    But people on here just doesn`t think, they are just bias and its whatever suit their agenda.

As far as the rematches goes. Fury had to "retire", cause obviously there is clauses and he probably have to paid huge compensation.
    I don`t believe for a ***** all of his antics.

I mean if Ruiz have done the same thing, we could have the same discussion for Joshua, can he beat Ruiz and so on.

Again pretty sure prime version would destroy Fury, and pretty sure that Klitschko would have won the rematch.
    He pretty much did nothing and lost by 3 rounds. Fury couldn`t not improve, and do anything different actually. Klitschko could have change so many things and improve on so many stuffs in terms of tactical/strategy parts and he obviously have a clear idea against who is fighting now.
    So i don`t see how hard is it for some people to believe he could have won the rematch.
    This was not a duck, this was straight up saying i`m out, he will definitely beat me at the rematch.
    The guy also poped for PED, so that fight should have been NC anyway.

BCS8 likes this.
  11. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Yeah people were saying its impossible for Joshua to change up his style and i laughed.
    He partly boxed with Povetkin and Parker so i was sure he could box with Ruiz too and he was entirely on the back foot agaisnt Ruiz which made the doubters look stupid.

BCS8 and lordlosh like this.
  12. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Yeah exactly. And the win was more due to Joshua getting absolutely reckless in there, as well as getting caught by a monster hook, that concussion him.
    Most people have never enter a boxing gym or at least have degree with martial arts, and they just don`t know how the things goes.
    I watches McGregor against Poirier and couldn`t believe what i`m seeing. Connor movement and timing was terrible. I mean he was never some kind of a boxer god, as his fans make him be, but he was so much quicker and his timing was so much better back in the day compare to now, it was hard to believe. And the guy is just 32, but he obviously past his prime. His movement was shot, he wasn`t even trying to move back or check the low kicks, his quickness and reflexes were shot, just not the fighter he was used to be.
    I`m saying this to making a point. Small thing/details and just a little bit can make a huge difference in a fight.
    Also a lot of people losing their prime way earlier.
    I believe Loma is slipping, as well as Usyk. Usyk is just not the guy he was used to be. And its not because he moved to the HW. His reflexes and speed is not what its used to be, the explosiveness is not there as well.

Klitschko manage to preserve his body very well, but he got almost 70 pro matches, as well as 140 on amateur level. Yeah he was not in many tough battles, but you still do hard camps, as well as going for a lot of rounds.
    I think the last time we really saw a solid prime version of Klitschko was against Wach, and maybe Pianeta. He was so explosive in there. His left-right was like a torpedo. His feet was very quick as well, and he was always in position.

Against Jennings he was terrible. Even against Pulev, his jab was shot to ......, as well as his right hand. He landed the big hooks, but that was Pulev defence was terrible.
    His hooks against Joshua was terrible. It was slow, no explosiveness, and he misses so so many.

BCS8 likes this.
  13. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    No. I always said the minute Wlad fought somebody big enough to prohibit use as a daybed, he would lose and most likely by KO.

Loudon and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  14. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    He beat Mariusz Wach lol.

Seriously this is true imo I really do think it was because Klitschko is used to fighting tall and against the bigger, faster opponent it threw him off and he was just to worried about what was coming back. But when he let his hands go more he started giving Fury quite a bit more trouble. He definitely would have let his hands go more in the rematch so he might've beaten Fury. But maybe he would have gotten schooled again. We'll never know

Loudon likes this.
  15. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Young Wlad wins this. He was 39 years old - and making his 18th consecutive defense. That’s a monstrous amount of consecutive defenses for anyone. He was clearly past his best. Who knows after 18 defenses if Wlad was even properly motivated. He badly wanted the rematch. Which means he was confident he could overturn the result.
    The fight was an absolute Stinker. Neither fighter was aggressive, Fury upset Wlad’s timing and rhythm. A great game plan but it was hardly a domination. More like a boring waltz. While he may have always posed some problems I don’t think Fury lasts distance with prime Wlad.
    Wlad May have even won the rematch at age 40.

lordlosh and BCS8 like this.